Any reliable source to help choosing a good Ultrasound Machine for muscle diseas

arvanmed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2007
Houston
  1. Other Health Professions Student
    I need to buy a cheap US machine for a research project on muscle diseases. The more I speak with reps the more confuse I get. So far I could not find a reliable website that compares different qualities and prices. I' will be grateful to hear your likes and dislikes on the US machine you are using for MSK conditions .

surftheiop

10+ Year Member
    Dec 4, 2008
      About the Ads

specepic

10+ Year Member
      Feb 2, 2008
      New England
      1. Attending Physician
        What exactly are you researching ang how deep will the structures be (do you know yet what muscles/structures you will be eval'ing). Not sure if ultrasound is the best modality for muscle disease NOS (possible low sensitivity depending on what you are looking for and lots of room for operator error.

DOctorJay

15+ Year Member
        May 8, 2004
        1. Attending Physician
          we had a guest lecturer in the EMG lab here recently who showed us fibrillations picked up by a high frequency ultrasound transducer. she uses it in her pediatric neurology practice to help tease out those kids in whom an EMG would provide helpful information. it was incredible to see the fibrillations as well as areas of "muscle disease" as mentioned above. the technology required to visualize this is extremely expensive and only the highest end machines will be able to do this.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.