Any research opportunities for Undergrads in India?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dggopal

Fluffy McFlufferson
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering... like back in America undergrads get a lot of research opportunities with the professors of their university and I always wanted to be a part of that. Now I know they prolly didnt do much in terms of research besides getting coffee or stuff for the actual researchers... but it prolly looks really good on a resume if we are applying for residency or something right? So i was wondering if there was anything like that goin on in india for people in MBBS...

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering... like back in America undergrads get a lot of research opportunities with the professors of their university and I always wanted to be a part of that. Now I know they prolly didnt do much in terms of research besides getting coffee or stuff for the actual researchers... but it prolly looks really good on a resume if we are applying for residency or something right? So i was wondering if there was anything like that goin on in india for people in MBBS...

Find out what research the faculty at your school is involved in - like say in the medicine department. If there's a teacher you like who is pretty chill (they do exist, even in India!) then talk to them and ask them for advice - If you're in 3rd year , I think that's what you said before, then this is a nice slow year, good to be involved in research stuff. Another idea is check out what research projects your dept of community medicine is involved in - if you can get on board one of these and get your name on it then you have a published paper under your belt which is awesome. It's actually a really good idea you have here cos when you're filling in you resume and there is this huge blank white page staring at you it totally sucks!