Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

any responses from any do schools?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by youngjock, Aug 11, 2000.

1. youngjock

youngjock Membership Revoked
    Removed

has anyone got any secondaries from any do schools, yet?

i got a brochure from ohio, but they got my name from mcat office.

other than that, nothing is new here.

2. SCHOOCH

SCHOOCH Member
    10+ Year Member

I doubt anyone applying to DO schools will receive any secondaries until AACOMAS sends off our applicantions. You can however surf the schools' websites and download the secondary to get an idea about their supplemental material. Not all of the schools will have the secondary available online though.

3. adismo

adismo covered in moon dust
    10+ Year Member

This is a weird situation. Ive called Western last weeek and they havent my application and basically skate around the issue, not giving me an answer (which is so true of WesternU/COMP as far as ive seen; those office workers need traning in basic manners!!!)

However, my credit card statement shows that AACOMAS did charge for the application fee so I assume things are starting to move over there at AACOMAS.

Also, ive received a (generic) reply from AACOMAS stating my application should be processed in about a week. That was a week ago and Im callin WesternU again today. Here's hoping....

4. Medicineman

Medicineman New Member

Hello everyone I am new to this board, but I have been reading the posts on this board for a while. I am also a future DO wannabe. Well I am writing to inform you all that I just received my secondary application from NOVA osteopathic medical school. I know the wait was frustrating, but don't worry soon the wait will be over. Best of luck to all!!!!

5. PV1

PV1

hey guys...

i emailed aacomas about a week ago and finally got an email stating that the apps would be processed within 1-2 weeks. i dunno whats goin on but some schools in the past have had interviews starting in august...guess everyone's gonna be late this year.

6. LateBloomer

LateBloomer Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I started receiving secondaries on 8/8 and have gotten about 9 so far. Yours should be on the way anyday now. Hang in there!

[This message has been edited by LateBloomer (edited 08-11-2000).]

7. youngjock

youngjock Membership Revoked
    Removed

really? did you fill the paper or online application?

8. LateBloomer

LateBloomer Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I did the paper application. I was having too much trouble with online version. What a fiasco! I just got sick of it and dusted off the old typewriter.

9. pogodo

pogodo Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello all,
    I will be starting next week at OSUCOM. I just wanted to tell you not to worry. Relax now while you can the serious waiting comes when you are waiting for acceptence letters and scholarships. Not to mention match day. Secondary applications mean you have met the minimum requirements. I would concetrate on what you will write in those applications.

10. Starflyr

Starflyr Manic Faerie
    10+ Year Member

Actually, yep. I have turned in the secondary for TCOM and have an interview September 7th. Of course, they arent on AACOMAS, so..... But good luck to everybody!