Any Retakers: April 2006 vs August 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cali Anteater

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I felt that April 2006 was very straight-forward and I was surprised at the score I got...perhaps it was an easy test and the curve ended up being not so generous. I walked out of the Aug one in total shock. Better be a generous curve.

How would you all rate April 2006 vs August 2006

Members don't see this ad.

Cali Anteater said:
I felt that April 2006 was very straight-forward and I was surprised at the score I got...perhaps it was an easy test and the curve ended up being not so generous. I walked out of the Aug one in total shock. Better be a generous curve.

How would you all rate April 2006 vs August 2006

I thought the April sciences were much harder than the August.
I thought the April verbal was much easier than the August.

I thought BS was the hardest one in April.

I thought the BS this time was 10000X harder. And PS sucked too.

Orthodoc40 said:
I thought the April sciences were much harder than the August.
I thought the April verbal was much easier than the August.

I agree about the sciences....but I felt that the August VR was easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got lucky. but then again i put in 30 hours for april and like 500 hours for august. this time i think was so much easier. we'llsee how it goes

this august one was def way harder than the april one in all three sections--verbal was interesting in april and in august is really dry. the PS and BS were def harder in all angles

EBI831 said:
I got lucky. but then again i put in 30 hours for april and like 500 hours for august. this time i think was so much easier. we'llsee how it goes

I agree. I put in much more time for the August MCAT than I did in April. I did think the August exam was easier overall, although BS was pretty tough.

I def found Verbal almost impossible this time...and I did very well on it in April...maybe it's bc i put in so much effort into BS and Ps and none in Verbal this time...but still.
Ps was mostly physics, which april wasn't and bio was so much weirder this time...more pasage based and weird qns out of nowhere...but then again i didnt do well on BS/Ps in April...so who knows...

bruinboy310 said:
hey, how many do you think you missed on Verbal for April. I am a bit worried since I guessed like 2 or 3 questions on this 10 question philosophy passage. Man, I should just relax :oops: ... also, I hope you did well on Biological and Physical Sciences this time...

Honestly it's so hard to say...i skipped half the questions for one psg and half for the other...maybe around 10 maybe less...but i did guess on all of the ones i skipped and it's possible i got the rest correct because I went through them fairly quickly. but this time it was a disaster...two passages had 10 qns, 1 had 7 and probably 5/10 were very hard to really understand and answer with confidence or enough time.
I think guessing a few qns on one passage is really not a big deal, but again depends on how well you did on the others. Best thing to do right now (since it cant be changed) is to relax and enjoy rest of summer :) Hope we both did great :thumbup:

tigre21 said:
Honestly it's so hard to say...i skipped half the questions for one psg and half for the other...maybe around 10 maybe less...but i did guess on all of the ones i skipped and it's possible i got the rest correct because I went through them fairly quickly. but this time it was a disaster...two passages had 10 qns, 1 had 7 and probably 5/10 were very hard to really understand and answer with confidence or enough time.
I think guessing a few qns on one passage is really not a big deal, but again depends on how well you did on the others. Best thing to do right now (since it cant be changed) is to relax and enjoy rest of summer :) Hope we both did great :thumbup:

Im a retaker too and I think it's hard to determine how I did. For me the sciences were alright, but verbal was pretty hard. I think since I messed up on verbal in April (and it was the least expected), I developed a fear of it when I took it in August because I have been doig well in practice verbal sections but during the test I was second guessing everything I chose which made me short on time. Here's for hoping for the best and good luck to you guys!

April in any aspect was 10 times easier is all parts!

Aug raped us man!

I thought BS was pretty easy in april and I only got a 10. I thought BS was a thousand times harder in august.

Apparently we can't determine which one is easier because of the numerous forms that were out there for both tests.

This is the first time I took the MCAT (August) and those in the room with me all had AH forms said this test was 100x harder than the test they took in April. Any retakes with an A form think this is true, and will they curve it accordingly?