Any reviews/thoughts on Kaplan's MCAT 2015 books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daftypatty

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
They were released at the beginning of July, but I've yet to see any discussions regarding them. Did anyone on this forum buy it? If so, how is it?

Also, are the Bio/Chem/Physics/Orgo/Verbal books exactly same as the previous iterations or are the somewhat different?

Members don't see this ad.

I think everyone here is cramming for the current MCAT because the 2015 version looks like death.

They should be as good as they can get given that no actual 2015 MCAT administrations have occurred. Kaplan typically does a solid job with their material. Obviously, though, we are all guinea pigs for this new test and I imagine that just about everyone will refine their understanding of the test as we all have more experience with it. As for the sections you mentioned, the required content knowledge will be about the same but the questions will emphasize different things. Check out this site to see what that means for each section: https://www.aamc.org/students/services/343550/mcat2015.html

They should be as good as they can get given that no actual 2015 MCAT administrations have occurred. Kaplan typically does a solid job with their material. Obviously, though, we are all guinea pigs for this new test and I imagine that just about everyone will refine their understanding of the test as we all have more experience with it. As for the sections you mentioned, the required content knowledge will be about the same but the questions will emphasize different things. Check out this site to see what that means for each section: https://www.aamc.org/students/services/343550/mcat2015.html

Really? I've heard that Kaplans past review materials paled in comparison to TBR/EK/TPR, so I was reluctant in purchasing it. I'm actually planning to wait for TPR 2015, which is released around end of July.
I have no idea why TBR and EK have no news regarding their 2015 books

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? I've heard that Kaplans past review materials paled in comparison to TBR/EK/TPR, so I was reluctant in purchasing it. I'm actually planning to wait for TPR 2015, which is released around end of July.
I have no idea why TBR and EK have no news regarding their 2015 books

I'm not too familiar with the older stuff from Kaplan but their more recent EK-style set which breaks up the subsections into different books is pretty solid.

Does anyone know if the 2015 Kaplan set is different in content from the 2012-2014 book content? Obviously there are 3 new books, which I am aware of, but is the material for Organic/General Chem., Physics, and Biology the same?