any RISK if attended non-accredited school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mindy510

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wonder if there's any risk for attending a non-accredited pharmacy schools (such as Hawaii) , as far as affecting your job seeking after graduation?

Members don't see this ad.

Mindy510 said:
I just wonder if there's any risk for attending a non-accredited pharmacy schools (such as Hawaii) , as far as affecting your job seeking after graduation?

Um, by any chance, have you read this? A quote from an HICP student there: "Okay, so here's the count. one month 15 days left for the end of P1 at HICP and there is No DEan, No Assistant of Student Affairs and Academics, Zero full time faculty(that actually teach), The executive assistant to the Dean position has now been deleted and the person fired, and all the other positions that were needed since last year have not been filled."

Normally there's always a risk involved when the school is not accredited yet, but with a school like HICP, oh man...WHY HICP? you'd basically be losing like $50K/yr for school fees, not to mention $80K for each yr you are delayed in getting your PharmD to practice pharmacy 'cuz HICP is so slow in getting its accredidation act together that the students probably won't become pharmacists (in time).

For one thing, only graduates fron an accredited program or candidate status program (are you happy lisi & pharmacology??:)) can sit for the board exam. Thus, you will never work as a pharmacist.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey what's going on w/ucsd? i know it's a relatively new program, but is it officially accredited yet?

Schools don't get full accred till they graduate their first class.