Any scary personal experiences in Israel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sohcahtoa

fight or flight
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious if anyone has ever had any scary moments or close calls as far as the security situation is concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

just curious if anyone has ever had any scary moments or close calls as far as the security situation is concerned?

Nope. And I've spent close to two-years in Israel. I've had much scarier situations in Detroit.

No, thank God. It was a little eerie driving in Chevron though but really I did not feel threatened.

Members don't see this ad :)
I lived here during the second intifada and I was volunteering in a childrens hospital in Jerusalem in 2003. Thems were some scary times, I remember waking up every morning to sirens somewhere around the city and you could just tell when you walked outside that people got killed somewhere. At that time Jerusalem was like a ghost town.

I went back my first year here in 2005 and it was like a brand new city, beautiful, especially in the winter, restaurants everywhere, bars, nightclubs, stores, it was great to see the city so revitalized, and so filled with youth. Truly amazing the resilience in this country, and the constant re-building that is going on.

This place is truly amazing, and every part of it in terms of history (biblical or regular type)!

Come check it out, you can crash at my place!

Izzy

I lived here during the second intifada and I was volunteering in a childrens hospital in Jerusalem in 2003. Thems were some scary times, I remember waking up every morning to sirens somewhere around the city and you could just tell when you walked outside that people got killed somewhere. At that time Jerusalem was like a ghost town.

I went back my first year here in 2005 and it was like a brand new city, beautiful, especially in the winter, restaurants everywhere, bars, nightclubs, stores, it was great to see the city so revitalized, and so filled with youth. Truly amazing the resilience in this country, and the constant re-building that is going on.

This place is truly amazing, and every part of it in terms of history (biblical or regular type)!

Come check it out, you can crash at my place!

Izzy

:D

thanks for responding. glad to hear you guys have had it safe - i hope it continues!

no problem

seriously, and who is going to get to say I studied for step 1 during the second lebanese war or I did my clinical rotations during the 3rd intifada

i think its a great talking point, and it gives you a lot of persepective on what it means to transcend political religious and traditional views and just practice medicine on everyone regardless of where they come from or what they believe:cool: