Any schools I should add or drop?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'm a Michigan resident. I'm trying to confirm my school list before I e-submit. I know I'm a late applicant. I haven't taken the DAT yet, but will do so in a few weeks. I've been getting 20-21 on my practice tests.

Assume DAT scores of 21. GPA hasn't been verified until I e-submit but will be around a 3.4

This is my current line up for dental schools I'm applying to. Should I add any schools? Drop any schools?

Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Arizona
Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois
University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry
University of Michigan School of Dentistry
University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine
New York University College of Dentistry
University of Washington School of Dentistry

I'm thinking about adding LECOM, Indiana University, or, Oregon. I'm not sure which though. I'd really just like to get in somewhere. I'd like to apply to 10 schools. Please advise as to which schools to add, or drop.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

See if you like PBL learning, and then decide if you like LECOM, otherwise your list is good

I'm a Michigan resident. I'm trying to confirm my school list before I e-submit. I know I'm a late applicant. I haven't taken the DAT yet, but will do so in a few weeks. I've been getting 20-21 on my practice tests.

Assume DAT scores of 21. GPA hasn't been verified until I e-submit but will be around a 3.4

This is my current line up for dental schools I'm applying to. Should I add any schools? Drop any schools?

I'm thinking about adding LECOM, Indiana University, or, Oregon. I'm not sure which though. I'd really just like to get in somewhere. I'd like to apply to 10 schools. Please advise as to which schools to add, or drop.

Thank you.

Can't make assumptions. You'll assume 21 but you may very well end up with a 24 as I did. I say submit now to one school so you get the ball rolling then add the other schools after you take your DAT (as GPA won't be verified till probably after you take your DAT)

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't make assumptions. You'll assume 21 but you may very well end up with a 24 as I did. I say submit now to one school so you get the ball rolling then add the other schools after you take your DAT (as GPA won't be verified till probably after you take your DAT)

That's really good advice that I haven't considered. However, let's say I do get a 24 on the DAT, what schools should I look into? How would a 24 affect my school list?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you.
I suggest dropping University of Washington, not OOS friendly.