Any schools in Washington/Oregon area that is still accepting application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rougemarie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this on the other board too, but, there's a good possibility that my husband's job will be relocated to WA anytime soon, which will make my plan to go to Pharmacy school somewhat difficult if not impossible. To make the matter worse, it's one of those job-move that if he doesn't take it, he practically won't have any guarantee.

Is there any schools in that area that are still accepting application? What are my alternatives at this point? I hate to see that what I've been working so hard will go down the drain only because of this. I suppose I can still go to school in TX; however, that would pose some problem after I graduate with the state board certification? Also, at this time, I fully realize how challenging school can be and I need any support that I can get, (i.e. husband being there, since I do not have any family member up in that area).

Any advice, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think Oregon State University (Corvallis) deadline has passed (December 1st?). Washington State University (in Pullman) deadline was on February 1st and University of Washington (Seattle) was on January 1st.

It sounds like you are a current pharmacy student...I don't know if there is a separate deadline for transfers....you may want to look into these schools for Oregon and Washington State. Also, there is a new school in Oregon (Pacific University) that's opening this fall.

Also, if you are going into your rotations, you may be able to do them in Washington and Oregon. I don't know what the policy is for your school.

As for the state boards....yeah, I would probably end up doing the same thing...may be going to school in Illinois, but may want to return to California sometime in my lifetime. So, I'll have to study for both (or more).

My boyfriend is doing his residency in Baltimore in 2007, so I may go there to do my rotations. He may follow me to Chicago to do his internship year there too (he's finishing up his MD) in Fall 2006.

I hope everything works out for you. :luck: