any SDN'ers willing to host?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnster3982

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i saw there was a thread for this last year. are there people willing to host this year?

one school i'm interviewing at offers student hosting but they're full, which really sucks.

Members don't see this ad.

johnster3982 said:
i saw there was a thread for this last year. are there people willing to host this year?

one school i'm interviewing at offers student hosting but they're full, which really sucks.
You will have better luck if you state school/city you are looking to stay in.

johnster3982 said:

I was just waiting for this question to pop up... I hope there are plenty of yes's all across the country!

I'm willing to host. PM me if you're going to be interviewing at University of Washington (about a 1 hour ride from my home) or Oregon Health Sciences University (about a 2 hour ride from my home). I have a family, so there will be some basic rules of courtesy that I expect will be followed.

Anyone interested PM me...

Another source is www.globalfreeloaders.com

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity which school is full?

johnster3982 said:

I am willing to host. However, I am in Houston and I doubt that anyone interviewing at UT-Houston or Baylor will have a problem. However, if you do, PM me

I'm willing to host for Emory interviews. All I have to offer is a couch though (but it's a really nice couch). PM me if you need a place to stay, I know how expensive this process gets.

I can host anyone for Northwestern. I'm at the undergrad campus, but it's only a 20-min drive (maybe 50 with morning traffic) to the med school and it's REALLY easy to get there. I don't have a bed, but I have a nice futon and my roommates are incredible. Also, if anyone has an interview at Colorado, tell me when and I'll see if I'm home. The med school is in Denver and I live in Littleton, so it's only, like, 1/2-hour away.

Where is MCOW? I'm in Omaha. I am walking distance from Creighton and I don't know where UNO is other than it's not far. I also have a couch but it's comfortable. At some point I'll have an air mattress.

Boston, near BU (i think, if the med school is near the undergrad).
I might not be living here after October though.

kiwie07 said:
Boston, near BU (i think, if the med school is near the undergrad).
I might not be living here after October though.
The med school is next to the hospital it's associated with. Its in a shady part of town is all I remember.

Anyone with an application in at Mizzou that anticipates an interview and wants to avoid the oh-so-fabulous Campus Inn PM me. I live in walking distance.

They don't even start interviewing until October, though...

Members don't see this ad :)
any of you guys that actually get WI interviews can stay at my palace :thumbup:

---------------------------------
requests being made for:
mcow(medical college of wisconsin)

school/host/distance from campus/sleeping arrangements/able to give ride in morning:

Baylor
MadameLULU/distance?/room?/ride?

Boston
kiwie07/distance?/room?/ride?

Creighton
Megalofyia/walking distance/couch/ride?

Emory
tulips/distance?/couch/ride?

Mizzou :)
UseUrHeadFred/walking distance/room?/ride?

Northwestern
VFrank/20-50min drive/futon/ride?

Oregon Health Sciences University
MsEvolution/2hr drive/room?/ride?

University of Washington
MsEvolution/1hr drive/room?/ride?

UT-Houston

temple
Neuronix/distance?/room?/ride?

requests being made for:

school/host/distance from campus/sleeping arrangements/able to give ride in morning:

Baylor

Boston

Creighton

Emory

Georgetown, George Washington
lorelei/2 minutes to Metro, 25-min ride to GWU, additional hike to GT/sofa bed/I'll drop you at the Metro

Northwestern

University of Washington

UT-Houston

temple

requests being made for:

Baylor
MadameLULU/2.5 mi/couch/i'll drive

Boston

Creighton

Emory

lorelei/2 minutes to Metro, 25-min ride to GWU, additional hike to GT/sofa bed/I'll drop you at the Metro

Northwestern

University of Washington

UT-Houston
MadameLULU/2.5 miles/couch/i'll drive

temple

Baylor

Boston

Creighton

Emory

Northwestern

University of Washington

UT-Houston

temple
JM./4.5 miles/futon/subway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baylor

Boston

Creighton

Emory
tulips/about a 10 minute walk to the shuttle that runs to campus/pull-out couch/chances are I can give a ride to the shuttle

Mizzou

Northwestern

University of Washington

UT-Houston

temple

BaylorMadameLULU/2.5 mi/couch/i'll drive

Bostonkiwie07/distance?/room?/ride?

CreightonMegalofyia/walking distance/couch/ride?

Emorytulips/about a 10 minute walk to the shuttle that runs to campus/pull-out couch/chances are I can give a ride to the shuttle

Georgetown, George Washingtonlorelei/2 minutes to Metro, 25-min ride to GWU, additional hike to GT/sofa bed/I'll drop you at the Metro

Mizzou

NorthwesternVFrank/20-50min drive/futon/ride?

MsEvolution/2hr drive/you can sleep in my room, and I'll take the couch/sorry, can't drive you, but I can tell you how to get there!
rcooney/20 min ride/room/ride

University of Washington
MsEvolution/1hr drive/you can sleep in my room, and I'll take the couch/I *might* be able to drive you

UT-Houston

temple

I'm making adding this thread to the c/o 2005 sticky thread. Good work, people. :)

Baylor

Boston

Creighton

Emory
tulips/about a 10 minute walk to the shuttle that runs to campus/pull-out couch/chances are I can give a ride to the shuttle

Mizzou

Northwestern

University of Washington

University of Wisconsin
Adamj61/2 Miles/room?/you can take the bus

UT-Houston

temple

Creighton or UNOMegalofyia/walking distance from Creighton/bedroom/ride

Emorytulips/about a 10 minute walk to the shuttle that runs to campus/pull-out couch/chances are I can give a ride to the shuttle

Georgetown, George Washingtonlorelei/2 minutes to Metro, 25-min ride to GWU, additional hike to GT/sofa bed/I'll drop you at the Metro

Mizzou

MsEvolution/2hr drive/you can sleep in my room, and I'll take the couch/sorry, can't drive you, but I can tell you how to get there!

University of Washington
MsEvolution/1hr drive/you can sleep in my room, and I'll take the couch/I *might* be able to drive you

University of Wisconsin

UT-Houston

temple

Creighton or UNOMegalofyia/walking distance from Creighton/couch/ride

Mayo
dnelsen/hour and a half drive/guest room - futon/transportation is up to you/must like animals (dogs & cats)

Mizzou

University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
dnelsen/less than 10 mi./guest room - futon/I could drop off on my way to work, but probably can't pick you up/must like animals (dogs & cats)

University of Washington

University of Wisconsin

UT-Houston

temple

maybe we should include gender (the gender of the host and/or what gender(s) you are willing to host) as well? some people might not be comfortable hosting people of the opposite gender (likewise the hostee might not want to stay with someone of the opposite gender).

I could also host for Baylor and UTH. I only live about a mile away and drive to Baylor every morning.

I'm willing to host for the NYC medical schools. I live around 1 block from MSSM, 10 minutes by the 6 from cornell, 15 minutes + a comfy walk from NYU, and probably 20-25 subway + bus ride from columbia.

I have one of those inflatable bed thingy :)

Is there anyone willing to host at UMich? I don't remember seeing anything about student hosting on the website or application, just hotels that seemed expensive.

UAB / flashmark / 2 minute walk away/ studio apartment (bed) / can pick up from &return to airport about 10 mins away/ anyone, any gender is welcome

Baylor

Boston

Creighton or UNO
Megalofyia/walking distance from Creighton/room/ride

Emory

Mayo
dnelsen/hour and a half drive/guest room - futon/transportation is up to you/must like animals (dogs & cats)

Mizzou

New York Schools
sweatybrain/1 block from MSSM, 10 minutes by the 6 from cornell, 15 minutes + a comfy walk from NYU, and probably 20-25 subway + bus ride from columbia/ inflatable matress/ride?

Northwestern

UAB
flashmark / 2 minute walk away/ studio apartment (bed) / can pick up from &return to airport about 10 mins away/ anyone, any gender is welcome

dnelsen/less than 10 mi./guest room - futon/I could drop off on my way to work, but probably can't pick you up/must like animals (dogs & cats)

University of Washington

University of Wisconsin

UT-Houston

temple
JM./4.5 miles/futon/subway[/QUOTE]

Megalofyia said:

Baylor

Boston

Creighton or UNO

Emory

Mayo

Mizzou

New York Schools
sweatybrain/1 block from MSSM, 10 minutes by the 6 from cornell, 15 minutes + a comfy walk from NYU, and probably 20-25 subway + bus ride from columbia/ inflatable matress/ride?

Northwestern

KimberliBold/20 min drive as I am in Vancouver/you can have the couch or preteen's room/I'd drive ya for an excuse to take my car to work ;-) or you can ride mass transit in with me

UAB
flashmark / 2 minute walk away/ studio apartment (bed) / can pick up from &return to airport about 10 mins away/ anyone, any gender is welcome

University of Washington

University of Wisconsin

UT-Houston

temple
[/QUOTE]

Megalofyia said:

Baylor

Boston

Creighton or UNO

Emory

katiekate/i live&work in bethesda/i can drop you at the metro/ very comfy couch(unless you're super tall)/quiet roommates,internet

Mayo

Mizzou

New York Schools

Northwestern

USUHS
katiekate/i live&work in bethesda/curbside service to the school, i work across the street at NIH/ very comfy couch(unless you're super tall)/quiet roommates,internet

UAB

University of Washington

University of Wisconsin

UT-Houston

temple
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can host Boston people. I'm about an hour by subway to BU; 45 min. by bus. or 1.5 hours by subway to Harvard; 45 min. to Tufts by subway. Maybe that won't work for people but if you get stuck you'll have a pull out couch.

Yale has a hosting program in place, but if you're a girl and you want to stay with me, PM me. You can have my bed and I'll sleep on an air mattress or something. Girl or guy, if you want to grab some felafel, PM me. I live in the dorm. The admissions office is downstairs.

I'm willing to host for UC Davis. I live in Davis, about two minutes from the school and am only about 15 mins from Sacto Airport. If you LMK with advanced enough notice, I can pick up and drop off at the airport. PM if you'd like to come, as I won't check the thread terrifically often.

Happy visiting across the country!

i would but the med school affiliated with my school is about 4 hours away, so it wouldn't do you much good.

Baylor

Boston
CarleneM/<30min to any boston school/ futon/no ride but 3minute walk to central sq public transportation mecca/either gender is welcome. pm me!

Creighton or UNO

Emory

katiekate/i live&work in bethesda/i can drop you at the metro/ very comfy couch(unless you're super tall)/quiet roommates,internet

Mayo

Mizzou

New York Schools

Northwestern

USUHS
katiekate/i live&work in bethesda/curbside service to the school, i work across the street at NIH/ very comfy couch(unless you're super tall)/quiet roommates,internet

UAB

University of Washington

University of Wisconsin

UT-Houston

temple