Any shot at Cali schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jodanledres

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd love to stay in California, but I was wondering if my stats were acceptable of any Cali medical schools.

CGPA: 3.77
SGPA: 3.86
MCAT: 508 (129/126/128/125)
2nd application

3 years EMT(BLS/CCT)
2 years undergrad research - biochem
US Navy Corpsman - 1 year active for training, almost 4 years in the reserves for as a corpsman/medic for a marine reconnaissance unit.
1 year peer mentoring at school
1 year tutoring at school
Graduate from a california state university
Born and raised in the Philippines, spent early childhood below poverty lines for Philippine standards. Moved to Cali at age 20. Had a year at a CC with a 3.3 GPA (mostly GEs) then did the navy stuff after and went to a university, got essentially a 4.0 at uni which raised my GPA to acceptable levels. I think that's the summary of all essential points in my application.

I'd like to know what my chances look like for Cali Med schools. I'm currently in the verification process for AMCAS (I know, pretty late) so I could still choose what schools to apply to. If I really wanted to get into a Cali school, would it be better to withdraw application and just reapply next year? If I decide not to withdraw, please suggest some schools i'd be competitive for.

Members don't see this ad.