Any Stanford Updates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jacobim

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was anyone been accepted the last few weeks? When did you interview?

I know several people that interviewed mid-January and have not heard anything. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed early jan. and still haven't heard back even though they said about 4 weeks...

yet another reason why stanfurd sucks! Go Bears!!!

i interviewed late january and just got a letter from them ... waitlisted. oh well.

go figure. i got into ucsf out of state, but was waitlisted by stanford. alas. this process is hard to predict!

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I am on the "hold - waitlist" for Stanford......

Does anyone remember the admissions people talking about two different wait lists when they interviewed? One was a normal waitlist (I think its the 'hold' one) and then there was a more selective waitlist and if you weren't offered a spot in this year's class, they guaranteed you a spot in the next years class.....ring a bell? what was the list called?

Interviewed 1/22, accepted 2/6, but I think I have made a final decision to attend UCSF and am going to withdraw. :confused:

indiemd - You are correct there are two lists. The waitlist and the alternate list. The alternates are accepted first and are guaranteed a spot next year if they don't get in this year.

Originally posted by Trix
Interviewed 1/22, accepted 2/6, but I think I have made a final decision to attend UCSF and am going to withdraw. :confused:

indiemd - You are correct there are two lists. The waitlist and the alternate list. The alternates are accepted first and are guaranteed a spot next year if they don't get in this year.

Trix, How were you notified? By phone? If so, who did you speak with and around what time?

Originally posted by UCLAMAN
Trix, How were you notified? By phone? If so, who did you speak with and around what time?

They called me at home at 11:15pm (no that is not a typo), and to be honest with you I don't remember the guys name because I was in shock...I think it was Alex, the Assoc. Dean of Admissions. He was super nice, spoke to me for a while, asked me if I had any questions, told me what to expect, about 2nd look weekend etc.

Stanfurd gave me yet another reason to hate them...rejected post-interview (interviewed early jan.)

Go Bears! Go Bruins!