Any suggestion on resume objective?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kata

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone got can help me with the objective for my resume. I have not idea how to write a resume for pharmacy school. Please help. :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

For admission into the University of Pacific. As part of the supp. app. I need to submit a resume and I have not idea what I would put for the objective.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe something like.....

"To work towards a PharmD at (whatever school) and gain valuable 'knowledge' of the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences while increasing my 'knowledge/abilities...whatever' of all areas of pharmaceutical care for future pharmaceutical career endeavours."

(Maybe replace a different word for one of the repeating "knowledges"....I couldn't think of a better word)

Good luck!

You don't HAVE to put an objective on a resume. Get creative.

I imagine that a lot of what you want to put in your objective depends on your experience. If you have some experience in the field then you should have some sort of awareness about where your own weaknesses lie. This could be anything from becoming more aware of patient concerns, communication, increasing your own knowledge, or any of a number of other things. On the other hand, if you do not have much experience in the field, then I would suggest job shadowing in a couple different environments and doing some research. Just put a bit of thought into it and I am sure you will be fine.

Thank you everyone for all your help.

Might check on-line also for some sample "good" entrance resumes. Take what you see with a grain of salt though. Some of the stuff you find is pure trash, but it might help you our if your stuck.