Any suggestions on studying material for Genetics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waytogo1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I will be taking Genetics next semester, and I'm a little bit nervous because it's suppose to be one of the hardest bio courses at my school and professor sucks at teaching.

I am planning to look over some of the material for the course over this summer, so that I can somewhat familiarize myself with the material before school starts.

Can anyone recommend me any free online lectures on Genetics or worksheets/lecture notes etc? Or any other study guides that would help someone who knows nothing about Genetics (like myself XD) to understand basics of Genetics? Practice problems would be helpful too!

Thanks so much! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Currently taking Genetics right now with a relatively dull professor,sub-par textbook, and next-to-useless TA.

Khan Academy + Old Exams from upperclassmen + Reading the textbook have kept me at an A thus far, halfway through the semester so we'll see if that holds up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be glad to give you some of my Genetic materials. PM me

I took genetics last year and I found it very useful to go to youtube to look up videos on transcription/translation, etc. It is so much easier to understand all the processes when you can visualize them. You'd be surprised at how many good videos there are out there. Good luck!