Any Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kermitt70

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted to Medical School and was wondering if anyone could offer some pre-entrance advice. Haveing gone through the interview process twice I feel like there were tons of books and websites designed to help you get in. But now that I have done that I am at a bit of a loss. If anyone can offer some advice on things to do to prepare yourself in the mean time that would be great. Books to read, text books to buy in advance.... anything that was of help to you before you started school.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the majority of people will tell you to take your summer and enjoy it. Studying anatomy will probably not help b/c you really need something to guide your studying.

Honestly, enjoy your summer by working or doing something else that you might not be able to do for the next 4-8+ years.

Yeah, ditto to what kray said. Everyone is a type-A personality, but just chill out for a few months. You might not enjoy your summer if you work, so travel or just do nothing at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me three on the "take it easy" advice. If you were ambitious, you could find out what books you will need for the 1st semester and try to find good used ones for cheap on Amazon. They will probably sell for a little bit less in the summer than in August when every M-1 in the nation is trying to buy Netter's.

Note, however, that I just said BUY your books. I'm not recommending that you READ them. Enjoy your free time and do whatever makes you happy, be it reading novels, playing video games, or getting rip-snortin' drunk every night. Anything that toots your horn.

kermitt70 said:
I was recently accepted to Medical School and was wondering if anyone could offer some pre-entrance advice. Haveing gone through the interview process twice I feel like there were tons of books and websites designed to help you get in. But now that I have done that I am at a bit of a loss. If anyone can offer some advice on things to do to prepare yourself in the mean time that would be great. Books to read, text books to buy in advance.... anything that was of help to you before you started school.

Chill man, believe me, no matter what you study, they focus on certain stuff in lectures themselves. So no matter what you study you will have to study again, and you won't really get an extra advantage, except less free time. What I would suggest, is to see if you can hook up with an upperclassman who will tell you how to best prepare, find someone who honored they can tell you some solid advice. Other than that just chill, and enjoy your freedom while you still have it. Peace.