Any Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlternateSome1

Burnt Out
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my situation...
I will be taking O-Chem and Bio 1 all during the next school year (I've already had Bio 2...long story). I find that this makes studying for the April MCAT a bit frightening since I am missing an entire portion of the test. Has anyone gone through a similar situation? Any study guide recommendations or anything of the sort? Thanks! :)

~AS1~

Members don't see this ad.

Most of what you need for the MCAT will be taught in the first semester of O-chem. Or ealry second semster. Not to sure about bio though. However since the test is in april you should be nearly done with those classes and have the subjects fresh in your mind.

I have not had Bio 1 or 2, but am taking the MCAT this august. I had Human Physiology though. I find the Bio section quite easy. Used both kaplan and EK to prepare.

Members don't see this ad :)
i wouldn't worry too much about not having bio 1 or 2. after taking the kaplan review class and practice tests, it seems that i'm not using any of it anyways. the questions are a lot more specific and detailed like knowing a ton of hormones and enzymes and everything about them. i don't know about you guys but my bio classes were much more general than that. i had to really sit down, study and memorize the review books for the MCAT.

Originally posted by Becca
i wouldn't worry too much about not having bio 1 or 2. after taking the kaplan review class and practice tests, it seems that i'm not using any of it anyways. the questions are a lot more specific and detailed like knowing a ton of hormones and enzymes and everything about them. i don't know about you guys but my bio classes were much more general than that. i had to really sit down, study and memorize the review books for the MCAT.

I actually found it the other way around. In that my bio classes were to specific and the MCAT is more general.