1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by AlternateSome1, Aug 4, 2002.

1. AlternateSome1

AlternateSome1 Burnt Out
    Physician

Attending Physician
    Here is my situation...
    I will be taking O-Chem and Bio 1 all during the next school year (I've already had Bio 2...long story). I find that this makes studying for the April MCAT a bit frightening since I am missing an entire portion of the test. Has anyone gone through a similar situation? Any study guide recommendations or anything of the sort? Thanks! :)

~AS1~

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Most of what you need for the MCAT will be taught in the first semester of O-chem. Or ealry second semster. Not to sure about bio though. However since the test is in april you should be nearly done with those classes and have the subjects fresh in your mind.

4. I to A

I to A Member

I have not had Bio 1 or 2, but am taking the MCAT this august. I had Human Physiology though. I find the Bio section quite easy. Used both kaplan and EK to prepare.

5. AlternateSome1

AlternateSome1 Burnt Out
    Physician

Attending Physician
    Ahh, I have the Kaplan book, but I have yet to see the EK ones in a book store (B&N or Books a Mil). I guess I'll have to look around for that too. Thanks for the responses!

~AS1~

6. Becca

Becca Member

i wouldn't worry too much about not having bio 1 or 2. after taking the kaplan review class and practice tests, it seems that i'm not using any of it anyways. the questions are a lot more specific and detailed like knowing a ton of hormones and enzymes and everything about them. i don't know about you guys but my bio classes were much more general than that. i had to really sit down, study and memorize the review books for the MCAT.

7. I actually found it the other way around. In that my bio classes were to specific and the MCAT is more general.