Any tall premeds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasTriathlete

HTFU
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a VO2max/fitness test a month or two ago, and they measured me at 6'4 1/4"

How tall are you?

Members don't see this ad.

5'3 3/4"...It doesn't sound like much but considering I was only 5'2 when I graduated HS and somehow grew almost two inches between then and now (I'm 22) I am pretty psyched about it. BTW I'm a girl :)

5'11", and I'm a girl. I was taller than most of the people at my first interview, and there were only 2 other girls out of about 20 total people. And, no, I did not wear heels.

I was only 5'2 when I graduated HS and somehow grew almost two inches between then and now (I'm 22) I am pretty psyched about it.

I haven't grown since I was 12, but unfortunately my feet grew when I was in college, from a size 11 to a size 12/13 depending on the shoe. That really sucked. Finding shoes is a nightmare.

Members don't see this ad :)
5'11", and I'm a girl. I was taller than most of the people at my first interview, and there were only 2 other girls out of about 20 total people. And, no, I did not wear heels.

I haven't grown since I was 12, but unfortunately my feet grew when I was in college, from a size 11 to a size 12/13 depending on the shoe. That really sucked. Finding shoes is a nightmare.
That sucks, I wear size 14 in guys so I know what it's like trying to find shoes. I've given up on shopping at stores because a.) so little (if any) selection, b.) specialty big & tall stores are overpriced. Buying shoes on ebay has worked out for me. :)

But 6'5" here. There's a girl in my physics class that is 6'9", she's on the basketball team of course. :)

I did a VO2max/fitness test a month or two ago, and they measured me at 6'4 1/4"

Interesting. Most of the VO2 testing I've performed measures oxygen consumption. ;) Just yankin' your chain. What was your max? Note: once you hit your 30's, real men start comparing VO2 instead of bench press max's.

At the risk of you being able to identify me walking around campus, I am just under 6' 4".

Last edited:
They also weighed me (225#... Important for VO2max test b/c it is ml/kg/s), and they tested a bunch of other stuff. I got body fat done on the dexa (close to freaking 20%!!! I raced last year at 8%, then hurt myself), and my VO2max was 52 ml/kg/s, which isn't bad at all for someone carrying so much body fat. I am slowly getting it down again.

My VO2max will be in the 60's next season, which will be awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh come on, you guys are all making me feel short. I'm 5'9".

6'2". Which I don't think is that tall these days, judging by the answers in this thread.

BTW, who cares about height? Let's compare how much we can curl.

I curl 85s all day, everyday.

i'm not a tallie..
but the average height for women (in this country) is 5'4", and for men it's 5'10". Just thought I'd shoot that out there, for those over 6' who feel that they're not tall. well, you are! :)

6'2". Which I don't think is that tall these days, judging by the answers in this thread.

Curls are for girls. :p

geez, you guys make me feel huge! I'm 6'7" at a modest 195 lbs, hence the "frickenhuge" nickname I got during high school....

geez, you guys make me feel huge! I'm 6'7" at a modest 195 lbs, hence the "frickenhuge" nickname I got during high school....

plenty of girls find tall guys attractive, and besides, there's plenty of tall girls out there, and those ladies may want their own slice of what they would deem as a truly "tall guy".

"Only" 6'1" -- and I just started a rotation at a sports clinic where they have BMR and VO2 testing. Just watched how the whole thing works today, actually, and now can't wait to have it done to myself! (Once I rake up enough money, that is...) :oops:

I'm only 5'10", but considering my dad is 5'4", I feel monstrous in my house. I was pulling stuff off the top shelf for my dad when I was 14. That was pretty cool...

I think I'm the shortest guy who's posted in this thread.

It's okay, I make up for it by being awesome.

you're not the shortest GUY though, someone's daddy is 5'4".
haha, and don't feel bad, you're not alone in the short dept; this is a tall thread after all.

hahahahahahahahaha

what type of curls? (ya I want to know what type of curls you do to work the biceps)

i'm 5'10, is that tall?

i'm 6'1.5" and i'm a girl. still not sure if i'll wear heels on my interviews or not...

I'm 5'10 1/2". I know that's tall for a girl, but there don't seem to be many guys at my college taller than me either :oops:

hahahahahahahahaha

what type of curls? (ya I want to know what type of curls you do to work the biceps)

Huh? Biceps? I never mentioned biceps. I use curlers that have a circumference of 85mm in order to get my hair the way it is.

However, I can squat 450 for 15 reps, bench 350/max 400, and military press 300 pounds.

How tall are you?

Med schools have a height limit of 6'5. You're lucky, you're gonna skate under the bar!

And, you needed a stress test to gauge your height? Did you not know how tall you were till you took the test?? LOL

meatwad said:
..and military press 300 pounds.

pfft... thats just a warmup set. Nancy....

On the other hand, I dunno... Your shoulders would explode. :) Or you have basketballs on your shoulders. The only people I have seen that could do this have been as thick as they are tall. lol. Hell, if you can, rawk on! But thats a lot of freakin weight above you.

Oh, and I'm a staggering 5'10". And can get 275 up on bench. My goal is three plates by christmas, and still be able to run under a 7 minute mile and be able to touch my palms to the ground in front of me. Working out relieves so much stress from all these stupid secondaries...

The OP seems to suggest that he thinks most premeds are short.

Btw, what's wrong with being short?

I'm just under 5'10", and a girl. I've spent pretty much my entire life being gangly and awkward.

I'm 6' and Asian. So, does that translate to like 6'6"?

Huh? Biceps? I never mentioned biceps. I use curlers that have a circumference of 85mm in order to get my hair the way it is.

However, I can squat 450 for 15 reps, bench 350/max 400, and military press 300 pounds.

you can max 400 on the bench?

and here i was thinking i was one of the strongest on SDN...you def. beat me haha.

Im 5'11.5" it sucks being sooo close to 6' but not there

6'4 1/2, weight: 221lbs, bench: 405lbs, squats: 565 lbs, run 3 miles in 27 minutes 3 days/week (average)......

I'm 5'10 1/2". I know that's tall for a girl, but there don't seem to be many guys at my college taller than me either :oops:
I had that same experience and I'm 5'10.

6'1" 165 lbs

bench 280
curl 50s
Military Press 220

yes i have below 5% body fat, im not a twig despite my weight

6'1" 165 lbs

bench 280
curl 50s
Military Press 220

yes i have below 5% body fat, im not a twig despite my weight

So you are one of those ripped really skinny dudes :laugh:

At my most pathetic period, I was 6'2" and 148. So I'd imagine you look pretty normal in comparison.

I'm 6' and Asian. So, does that translate to like 6'6"?

Haha... my ex's cousin (coincidentally, a doctor as well) is Filipino guy and he's at least my height (6'2"). I almost feel like he might be a hair taller. He's a giant in the family, considering her brothers and father were all around 5'5"-5'6". Her mom was like 4'11". Being around her family made me feel like some kind of Herculean demigod; I love short people.

a 6'6'' tall jew over here........

Are you Hasidic? You'd be the tallest Hasedic Jew I'd have ever heard of. You'd make the shofar look like a puny conch shell.