Any Texas Applicants Submitted mid/late May and get II's very late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych817

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because I'm starting to become a little more neurotic than I should with this waiting game and people getting II's already at Texas schools, is there hope for applicants (like myself) who submitted very early in the game get interviews much later on in the cycle in Texas? Are first batches II's only given to extremely high LizzyM applicants and those closer to the median wait longer despite transmitting in mid-late May?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it depends on the school. My LizzyM isn't that high but I got interviews to Tech Lubbock and UTMB relatively early! But I feel you on the waiting game, it sucks... :/

Because I'm starting to become a little more neurotic than I should with this waiting game and people getting II's already at Texas schools, is there hope for applicants (like myself) who submitted very early in the game get interviews much later on in the cycle in Texas? Are first batches II's only given to extremely high LizzyM applicants and those closer to the median wait longer despite transmitting in mid-late May?
What are ur stats? Because I haven't received anything either and I'm starting to worried too... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
What are ur stats? Because I haven't received anything either and I'm starting to worried too... :(

My LizzyM is ~66 or 67
Both cGPA and sGPA are right around a 3.6, but very strong upward trend in a difficult science major(Junior year: 4.0, 3.67, 4.0 & senior year: 4.0, 3.7, 4.0)
MCAT: 507 (127/126/127/127)
I believe the rest of my application is pretty strong but I'm still neurotic. I feel like so much of this screening process is based on stats and mission of school alone (i.e. do you live in West Texas, speak Spanish, etc)

Reactions: 1 user
My LizzyM is ~66 or 67
Both cGPA and sGPA are right around a 3.6, but very strong upward trend in a difficult science major(Junior year: 4.0, 3.67, 4.0 & senior year: 4.0, 3.7, 4.0)
I believe the rest of my application is pretty strong but I'm still neurotic. I feel like so much of this screening process is based on stats and mission of school alone (i.e. do you live in West Texas, speak Spanish, etc)
When did it transmit exactly and turn in secondary??

My LizzyM is ~66 or 67
I would hope much of the screening process is based on the mission of the school; that's a great way to fill a class.

It's not even August yet so there's still plenty of time to receive interviews.

I wouldn't worry too much. I had a handful of early interviews last cycle but I interviewed at a school late October and mid-December. Matched at the school I interviewed at mid-December then got off the WL from the school I interviewed at in October. So moral of the story is, interviewing early doesn't mean much.

My LizzyM is ~66 or 67

Speaking as someo

I think your response got cutoff haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Lol.. it was supposed to be speaking as someone who speaks no Spanish, has not marked any West Texas ties or plans to practice rural, but has a bunch of II, I think the screen is more about looking at how your experiences and motivations match their missions

Lol.. it was supposed to be speaking as someone who speaks no Spanish, has not marked any West Texas ties or plans to practice rural, but has a bunch of II, I think the screen is more about looking at how your experiences and motivations match their missions
Aren't you a 520+ URM? your experience may be atypical.

Reactions: 3 users
I definitely feel you. I think SDN can be both a blessing and a curse (not that this is a surprise to hear I'm sure). Before I started checking SDN religiously, I was pretty confident about my app, but now after seeing all these ultra high stat applicants, I'm convinced I'm nothing more than mediocre. Just stop checking SDN that often (easier said than done!), and you'll feel better! Your II's will come when they come.