SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Any Texas Pre-meds taking the MCAT in July'07?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by aynrand, Apr 15, 2007.

1. aynrand

aynrand New Member 2+ Year Member

Apr 16, 2006
    DITCH
    I'm just curious.
    I believe there are 2 dates the 16th and the 24th. I might be wrong.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dan Dan

Dan Dan 5+ Year Member

Oct 16, 2006
    I am. July 13th(Friday). I am wondering is this kinda late of the Texas cycle? It takes 30 days to grade the MCAT. So around August 15th, the scores should be back. Any inputs?

4. Anastasis

Anastasis caffeinated for safety Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2005
    TX
    I was complete in June and had all of my invites by the end of August (I *think* . Maybe 1 in September?)

Texas is at a point where generalizing advice from this cycle to the next might not be very valid so take this with a grain of salt:
    This year the match was a joke. Essentially, if you didn't have a prematch acceptance, you stood very little chance of getting in (less than 200 matched in the match w/o an offer) and very little chance of moving up.

Basically, the best possible situation you could be in is to have interviewed at all the Texas schools by the beginning of November, which is entirely possible with taking the MCAT in July but you're going to have all the individuals who took it earlier sitting ahead of you in line.

5. zolaash

zolaash New Member 5+ Year Member

Jul 28, 2006
    i'm taking it on july 13th. i talked with an admissions counselor and was told that date would be fine but i wouldn't want to take it much later than that.