Any Thoughts on Cell Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've decided to take Cell Bio next semester. Any thoughts on succeeding in this class? How to study for it? I'm taking it during my MCAT semester along with Physics, Genetics, and French Lit. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by JulianCrane
So, I've decided to take Cell Bio next semester. Any thoughts on succeeding in this class? How to study for it? I'm taking it during my MCAT semester along with Physics, Genetics, and French Lit. Any thoughts?

Just keep up with the readings like you would any other class and look at old tests. Your MCAT studying will help your Cell bio grades, and vice versa.

I've taken Cell Bio and am TAing for it next quarter. In my opinion, I dont think it really helps you with regards to the MCAT. Classes, in my opinion, that help you with the MCAT are ochem, gchem, physics, physiology and genetics. Cell Bio (atleast at UCSD) is mostly memorizing stuff.

Jetson

Members don't see this ad :)
I loved Cell Bio,
If you pay attention and do the readings you should be fine. I found it more memorization than concepts(like in Physio) Good luck:)

Yeah, it does include its fair share of memorization. I found it to be a cool class, and a bit on the easy side.

The amount of memorization in your cell bio class depends on how it is taught. Everyone needs to "memorize" the basic vocabulary and functions, but once you have the basics down its all application, which is ultimately what is tested on.