Any tips for beginning of fellowship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cabergoline2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to start a thread in which incoming GI fellows can get tips for optimizing their fellowship experience . I want opinions on what to read , tips and tricks and other stuff..I hope the large number of GI fellows and faculty we have on board contribute and help incoming rookies like myself...

initial Questions--

1) Books and other resources to buy? Particularly
2) courses to register?
3) what to expect ?
4) common pitfalls and rookie errors ?
5) How to improve dexterity /hand-eye coordination

Members don't see this ad.

1)ddsep, fundamentals of endoscopy by cotton
2)asge 1st yrs course, the acg/ddw, whichever your program let's you go to
3)expect hardship, it's the only way to take an internist and make a competent gastroenterologist.
Its takes your soul, crushes it, and then after..........starts. you are the best anyway that's how you got in, so you will not survive, but thrive
4)getting wounded by verbal thrashing by faculty, instead of being afraid of feedback go out of your way to seek it out, you wont get better by getting patted on the back. Dont expect praise
5)hopefully you have had many years of playstation/xbox. If no, not too late to start

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t do this yet. You’ll have 3 years and the rest of your life to do this. Come in your first day humble and ready to work hard. That’s all you need to do right now. If you’re still anxious just review the GI portion of your MKSAP and that should be plenty “pre-reading”

Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t go to asge first years fellows course. Waste of money. That is, unless program is fully paying

what type of games would be the best for improving hand-eye coordination ? Any type of gaming controllers /joy sticks that resemble the knobs of a scope ?

How useful is simulation ?

what type of games would be the best for improving hand-eye coordination ? Any type of gaming controllers /joy sticks that resemble the knobs of a scope ?

How useful is simulation ?
Would play as much madden as possible, the PS controller hit stick gives most comparable fine tip control to the small angulation dial on scope, if anyone asks or questions all nighters spent, its work related, as are the expenses, would not play with the bears in franchise mode though to avoid a frustrating experience

Reactions: 1 user
Good advice, but this is only in the ASGE Guideline. The European guidelines recommend Pro Evolution Soccer. They recommend PES with wine.

Reactions: 2 users