Any tips for MCAT Biological Sciences???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kls

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone has any tips on improving your score for the biological sciences section on the MCAT. Thanks for any helpful replies!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, here's what has been working for me...The first thing I do is knock out the free response questions to get the ball rolling (plus these are easy). Next run through the passages (do not read them except for the experimental parts or specifically referenced questions). I personally like the organic better so I do these first. Next, I'm into microbio so if I see these I hit them. The rest I just do. You should be able to finish in a bit over an hour this way which gives you plenty of time to work on the questions you felt iffy on. This has been working for me and remember...attack, attack, attack. Oh, and brush up on human phys more than anything...it's the bulk of the exam and you need to get at least 80% of it right or else you're in trouble.
sdm

Thanks fishtolive for you reply. I knew there had to be some way to tackle that section. Have you noticed any trends for orgo- meaning are there certain sections they like to test on more than others? Again, thanks so much for your reply!

kls,

that is my worst section too. What I generally do is I do the orgo first, then the genetics stuff (if there is any). Then I try to do everything else. I don't think there's any trick to doing well in this section... you're just gonna have to study up on your old bio stuff...