Any tips for the pathology shelf?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keeping-it-real

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Such as what books to use, online programs, etc? I'm just trying to get a feeling for what is worthwhile to study. I like first aid but it tends to be a bit lacking for the shelf exams. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

so nobody on this entire board has taken the pathology shelf or has anything to say about it? nice.

keeping-it-real said:
so nobody on this entire board has taken the pathology shelf or has anything to say about it? nice.

The answers to your questions can best be found by doing a forum search. This is why no one's answering :sleep:

But, in a nutshell (top sources listed):
BRS Path is a must
First Aid path only as an outline of what you need to cover
Robbin's question book + Webpath for images/more questions

Members don't see this ad :)
DrPharaohX said:
The answers to your questions can best be found by doing a forum search. This is why no one's answering :sleep:

But, in a nutshell (top sources listed):
BRS Path is a must
First Aid path only as an outline of what you need to cover
Robbin's question book + Webpath for images/more questions
danke

Books to use:
1. Robbins Review of Pathology
2. Robbins Review of Pathology
3. Robbins Review of Pathology

I thought BRS Path was overrated and not nearly as useful. Do Robbins Review now for the shelf (even if if you can't do all of it, make sure you do Part I-General Pathology because most of the questions seemed to be answerable from general path concepts rather than needing to know detailed info about a specific organ system.) If you do that, you will do well on the shelf AND it's superb review for Step I. Seriously good book.