Any tips on how to approach BS passages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TerryLo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Blargh...having a tough time with my technique. I changed it several times already for BS and nothing seems to work for me. My first tactic was to read the passages quickly and then spend more time on the questions...when i did this i made a lot of careless errors and overlooked things in the passage. My second approach was then to spend a lot of time on the passages and try to remember everything, but in the process i ended up spending more time on the questions and consequently i would run out of time...argh...not sure what to do...i did most of the content review so at this point i just need to refine my technique. Please help!! this mcat is driving me crazy! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I would advise you to follow the second strategy, read the passages for as long as it takes until you get really comfortable with them. The real test will require you to do so thus ample preperation now is optimal. As you become more knowledgable and as perfect your reasoning patterns through practice, time will not be an issue.

if your having a hard time maybe you should go through whatever books you are using at least twice...it helps a lot to know the material really well! i read my TPR science books twice...took me 2.5 months to understand and memorize most things!