any toledo Pharm.D students here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asian pharm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently acepted to toledo's pre-pharmacy program, but a&p 1 and two are the only two pre-reqs that i have to do over there, all my other pre-reqs are done. A&p 1 and 2 are the only pre-reqs that did not transfer.sp they told me to take a&p 1 in fall 2007. a&p 2 in spring 2008 and apply for the pharmacy pharm.d program in fall 2008. however they said that they have 250 students out of which they only accept 105. so chances are that i might get rejected after wasting one year with them.

i am very confused what should i do? should i go and give it a try, since the pharmacy admissions counselor told me that with my GPA,I should not have any problem. or should i not take a risk of wasting a precious year. any advice from current toledo pharm.d students is greatly appreciated, as well advice from other students also greatly admired. my stats is as follows

overall gpa:3.87
science gpa:3.83
math gpa 4.0 (according to pharmcas)
no bachleors, pre-reqs taken at a CC.

please do notmove my thread to the pre-pharmacy, since I am looking for some current Pharm.D students attending University of toledo

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I'm a 4th year (hey wait, 5th now!), and I'd say you would get in easily with that GPA. However, BE SURE TO PREPARE WELL WHEN IT COMES TO INTERVIEW TIME!!!! I know someone who had a 3.8ish GPA and got rejected from the program because her answer to "Why did you choose to become a pharmacist?" was "Because my dad thought it would be a good idea." Hopefully, you woudn't say something like that. :D

Regardless, your GPA is well within the range of students who got into our class, and we had the highest GPA in a long time. (We also had over 350 applicants, which raised the required GPA)

Good luck to you!

Please post all admissions related questions in pre-pharmacy. Seperate forums were created to hold admissions and school choice questions to make the forums more readable and user friendly. Current students interested in answering advising questions do visit both forums. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
please do notmove my thread to the pre-pharmacy, since I am looking for some current Pharm.D students attending University of toledo

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I find this funny for some reason..........

I am going to be 2nd year prepharmacy at toledo in fall of 07. The way it works at toledo is very different from other schools. I dont understand why you would have to apply Fall of 08. Even tho you are not done with A&P I and II, you still can apply this fall of 07 even if your not done with your classes a few of them. I take it that you are done with everything esle like GEN I II, Organic I II, Physics I II, Cal I II, Micro, and some other stuff. But i will be applying in Fall of 07 as well, even tho i am only done with one year of classes thats just how it works at Toledo. I think one issue in your case is you have to have 15 (i think) credit hours to apply to TOledo and if your just taking A&P which i 5 i think you cannot apply this fall that may be why they want you to apply next year, but then still you wont have 15. What i would do is take A&P in the fall including some other classes (any class, science or electives) and make sure to have 15. So, that you can apply this fall 07. If you dont apply in fall 07, then you would have to come back and attend fall 08 and wait for admissions process until spring09. Which then makes it two years of wasting instead of 1.
Speak to Jose Trevino he is the Transfer Adivsor and really nice guy.
By the way good luck. You are my competition. haha :D

m currently finishing my masters this semester in biochemistry..i finished my undergrad last year and i was in the accelerated MS/BS program..i have also done previous research in the lab on NO and currently on hydrogels and their drug effects..i tutor in sciences..last year I taught general chemistry labs and this year i am teaching organic chemistry labs at GMU. i've also done volunteering in the E.R and clinical settings.. i had a 3.4 undergrad gpa and a 3.5 grad gpa...I called the School of Pharmacy and had a phone appointment with Jose Trevino. He basically said you can enter in Jan 08 as a transfer student and take 30-32 credits of classes at University of Toledo to get a new cummulative gpa and then apply for the Fall 2009 class. There is no guaranteed admission and you need around a 3.7-3.8 cumm. gpa to have a chance...when i asked him what have been the odds for transfer students to get into their program..he said they were pretty good as most transfer students focus alot more knwoing they have to do well to get in...what i wanted to know is does anyone know anyone who has transferred there adn tried to get in....what have been the odds casue i know its a 6 year program where they take people from high school but htey also have some who have contingent admission too...im curious because im trying to look at backup plans while applying \for this year..