Any TV stars out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CJLaw

ATTORNEY AT LAW
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a frequent viewer of shows like Trauma:Life in the Er, Critical Hour, Houston Medical, Hopkins 24/7, etc. Have any of you ever been featured or filmed on those shows yet? The reason I asked is that I saw a few posters saying that they work at Drew and Drew was just featured on Trauma.

Members don't see this ad.

I wasn't on Trauma Life in the ER but I was a star on:

Victoria's Secret TV Show
Shania Twain's body double in her music videos
I am Superman's lvoe interest on Smallville.

Actually Trauma: LITER was at Tampa General a few weeks ago (I mean, it showed TGH on the TV), which was pretty cool, except they don't have EM residents, just a trauma service... but that will change next year when they start their PGY 1 class.
Q

Originally posted by QuinnNSU
I wasn't on Trauma Life in the ER but I was a star on:

Victoria's Secret TV Show
Shania Twain's body double in her music videos
I am Superman's lvoe interest on Smallville.

Don't try to suck me into the "is Quinn a hot chick or a guy controversy" I browse this board enough to know better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by CJ2Doc
Don't try to suck me into the "is Quinn a hot chick or a guy controversy" I browse this board enough to know better.

It's funny and twisted at the same time, no?

And he's said in the past that he would like to come to Cleveland for residency... and I saw the pic and I was like "Hey! Hey! Hey! Me too." Ahhhh, the let downs.

"My personal dream? I'd like to be the manager of a chocolate factory run by big breasted hookers. Ahh, but I don't have the schoolin' for that." --Dave Attell

I'm sure you all have seen my latest work with that fine stack of man Austin Powers in Goldmember!! LOL

Seriously, that probably would be fun to have one of those shows come to your ER. You never know...

Detroit Receiving played a tape of one of their Trauma: Life in the Real ER episodes during the interviews. William Beaumont maintains that they should get some credit since thier residents rotating on trauma at DR also made the show. As for students, I was at another institution where they were taping and tried to stay away...a student who'd been on an earlier episode was quite embarassed by the way his pimp session was edited into the show.

Originally posted by mikecwru
It's funny and twisted at the same time, no?

And he's said in the past that he would like to come to Cleveland for residency... and I saw the pic and I was like "Hey! Hey! Hey! Me too." Ahhhh, the let downs.

"My personal dream? I'd like to be the manager of a chocolate factory run by big breasted hookers. Ahh, but I don't have the schoolin' for that." --Dave Attell

You know what's weird? (Besides the fact that 100+ people downloaded the JPEG I put up... although I must admit i would have done the same). Is that in about two years, those of us who are graduating medical school could very well be the resident that Trauma, Life in the ER focuses on! I watched that show back in undergrad... and to think that I may see MikeCWRU on there as Dr. MikeCWRU, Emergency Medicine Resident.

Also, this is a newsflash... the Emergency Medicine Forums here on SDN has MORE posts than all of the other forums EXCEPT surgery. But we kind of figured that those surgeons would be that way. But we beat out IM... boo-ya!

and surgery includeds all surgical specialties like ortho and uro blah blah blah so I would say that we're the best...

Originally posted by shaft
and surgery includeds all surgical specialties like ortho and uro blah blah blah so I would say that we're the best...

of course we are.....EM rocks!:clap:

I was interviewed on the evening news news once because they wanted an ER doctor to sound authoratative about chemical and biological terrorism. The attending didn't want to do it so I was volunteered. They dragged me out to the ambulance bay and asked if my hospital could handle a massive terrorist attack in the area. I wanted to say "God, no! We've got no funding and no equipment. If it hits the fan grab your ankles." But the hospital mouthpiece elbowed me in the ribs and I said "Yes, we're well prepared." What the hell. My mom thought it was cool.