Any UCLA undergrads have UCLA interviews?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ToolBand, Nov 24, 2002.

1. ToolBand

ToolBand New Member

Hey guys, Just wondering if any ucla undergrads have gotten any UCLA med school interviews, cuz i dont kno anyone who has from my group of friends. Thanks for the info!

Trust in the words of Tool.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Joe Joe on da Radio

Resident [Any Field]
    the director/dean(?) of admissions, dr. neil parker, said they usually have around 12 ucla students in their med school class.

i'm not going to hold my breath.

--jj

4. japonesa

japonesa Member

the first year class right now has like 35 former UCLA undergrads out of a class of 150.

5. jot

jot

i know 1 person that has is a ucla undergrad and has an interview. i also only know 2 ucla undergrads ...

-jot

6. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008

Medical Student
    i had my ucla interview thu 11/21. there were 4 interviewees present. two of us had graduated from ucla undergrad, one was currently a ucla undergrad, the other was from uc davis

7. UCLA2000

Attending Physician
    I was a UCLA undergrad, and I was accepted to UCLA medical school. If you look at the admissions stats you'll see that there are more students at UCLA med that went to UCLA undergrad than there are from any other undergrad institution.

In fact I've been told by friends of mine who are on the adcom at UCLA that UCLA really wants to retain its students.

Sorry you didn't get an interview. It happens :(

8. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member

i think the number is 37 students went to ucla for undergrad. neil parker never said 12, either you made that up or it's just one of those rumors that gets altered every time it's told. in fact at orientation dr parker talked about that myth and how he has no idea how it began.

9. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008

Medical Student
    directly from an the undergraduate phy sci counselor at ucla:

34/525 = 6.5%
    vs. nat'l 4.5% (from RP's compiled stats)

i just wonder how many ucla students were interviewed to give out 34 acceptances...

10. Joe Joe on da Radio

Resident [Any Field]
    i got it straight from the horse's mouth during a pre-med thing sponsored by the career center last year. someone in the audience asked the question and that was his answer.

11. Jedi In Training

Jedi In Training Senior Member

Milhouse is correct, but he still has an attitude problem.

To answer the initial question, about 2/3 of the people that I have given tours to have been from UCLA. I should ask my other classmates to see if they have had the same experience.