any unfilled 2012 pathology fellowships out there

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpcsmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an unexpected openings in any pathology fellowships at your instituation? Maybe someone did not show up for the fellowship, is dropping out or taking a job elsewhere? Would be most interested in hemepath, breast, GI, surg path subspecialty, or blood bank. I know this is a long shot at this point but would appreciate any leads. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think that it's a long shot at all. eg half of blood bank fellowships go unfilled every year from what I've been told, so there must be plenty of empty ones. Also, other less desirable fellowships commonly go unfilled too (eg neuropath). I even know of a hemepath program that didn't fill this year (as of a few weeks ago). Why don't you just contact program coordinators from the less desirable fellowships en masse, you are bound to find a few programs that would jump at the chance of having a fellow (providing you are not a complete screw-up).