Quantcast

any way to update dental school designations on volunteer hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lemonscentedsoap

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi guys,

On my primary application, I put down 6 hours of service at a homeless shelter and 20 hours at a free clinic. I am still volunteering at these places. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to somehow update my designations that I have so far completed 100 hours at each location.

Would it be alright to send them an email?

Any thoughts on some other constructive ways to send the message?

Or maybe I shouldnt worry about it?

Last edited:

OhHamburgers

Reaction score
I am carefully assuming that what doc toothache meant was it won't make significant difference. However if you get an interview and they ask you about it I think you can certainly make a good impression there.

ajj70

Reaction score
There isn't a way to update this on the application. Like hamburger said, you can tell them in your interview, however, having 26 hours on your app might not get you to the interview stage depending on what else is on your app. At this point and time, if you were to tell them you now have 100 hours, my first thought as an adcomm would be "um, why didn't you do this BEFORE your application..." but that's just me.

Reactions: 1 user