Any Western COMP 2007 out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kat13

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who has decided to attend COMP, or is at least considering it, next year. I know that there is already another thread out there for COMP 2007, but I thought that maybe if I started one under pre-osteopathic I might find some others out there. I guess I am just really excited to see who is out there and get to know my future classmates. Hope to hear from you!
Oh, and... Congrats to all who have been accepted (to any med school). I know that in itself is a huge accomplishment!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, Kat!

Looks like we're going to be classmates! I already sent in my 1st deposit so I'm comitted.

I may be the oldest student in the class (41) so you might recognize me.

Marc

Congratulations Marc! I can't wait to meet you. Who knows if you will be the oldest student, I visited one school where the oldest student (2nd year I think) was 65.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I too sent in the 1st deposit.
But, I also accepted to other schools , so I am not yet decided
where to go.. but I am more toward comp since it's close to home..
Hoope to see you guys this fall... ^^
Congrate to all of you.!!

I'll be there too. Hey, have they cashed your deposit check yet? I'm a little confused because it's been several weeks and they still haven't cashed it yet although I've received confirmation that they've received it.

Originally posted by Bmblee888
I'll be there too. Hey, have they cashed your deposit check yet? I'm a little confused because it's been several weeks and they still haven't cashed it yet although I've received confirmation that they've received it.

Same here - they acknowledged the check, but haven't deposited it yet.

I started a Western/COMP 2007 thread in the Osteopathic forum -> HERE , let's keep it going!

- Tae

First off nice to meet you all! It will be nice when we actually get to meet in person.
But to comment on the deposit, you guys are way ahead of me. I sent in my deposit in mid- December and I have heard nothing, not even that they received it! When did you send in deposit? I do wish there was a little more correspondence from the school.

I submitted my deposit on Dec 9th, and received the confirmation on Dec 16th. The acknowledgement came with some paperwork to get a physical and to ask you for immunization records. Also, it tells you to send in your official transcripts. There doesn't seem to be a due date, only that you must get it all completed before you register for school. You might want to call the school if you are curious whether or not they received your deposit. I did that. See you in August!

Bmblee888-

nice to see other comp 2007 people from SD!

see you guys in august...

jeff

Hi everyone,

If nothing else changes, I will be attending Western next year as well. I already sent in my deposit and like others have received a packet with requirements for physical examination and immunization records...and of course there was a reminder for the second deposit in March! :)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Does anyone know anything about the pre-anatomy course that Western offers in the summer, the one for those of us who have not taken anatomy as an undergrad (ISAP I think it is)? Specifically when the course is and how long.

Hi Kat13,

I know we had info on this in our interview packet. I believe that there are 2 anatomy prep classes. One is about 3 weeks long and the other is about 6 or 7 weeks long. If I can remember correctly, I think they start in June-July. I am sure that we will receive the calendar after we turn in our next deposit. You can always call the office if you need definite dates beforehand.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I will be there also. Can't wait to get the schedule. I still check the mail everyday with hopes of new information about our class. However, it's not nearly as intense as checking the mail everyday for that acceptance letter. Can't wait to meet everyone. Keep in touch
Karrie:clap:

Hi COMP 2007!!! I am extremely excited to be starting at Western next year! It sounds like we are gonna have a good crowd! I cant wait to move back to CA where the sun always shines... I am FREEZING my butt off here in Conneticut!
Whatever you are doing now ENJOY, before the hard road of medicine begins!

Take care ya'll! :clap:

Kat13,

I received a letter from Western yesterday in regards to the summer program, so I thought that I would post it here. The class is 4 weeks long, June 30th-July 25th. It costs $300 with 2 textbooks included. The difference this year is that there are 3 weeks of anatomy and a week of biochem and pharmacology. We have to let them know by April 26th. Hope this helps.
Pelin

Dr. PC
I got that same letter yesterday. Thanks though, nice to know my classmates care! Are you considering taking the class? I think it sounds like a good opportunity.

Anyone else thinking about taking the class?

I interviewed at Western yesterday and a lot of people recommend the class. if you are lucky enough to be chosen for the longer program, your first year course load is significantly less, and if you take the shorter one, the volume of anatomy info that you will be presented will be less foriegn. The student that gave us the tour of the school was an xray tech and nurse, and even with that significant previous experience and knowledge of anatomy, she definitely recommended that we consider taking the summer course.
If I get in and end up going there, i definitely am going to take the class...

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

If you've never taken human anatomy before, I would strongly suggest you take this course. I've taken human anatomy TWICE and it still sucks. Of course, it might be the overexposure to the formaldehyde fumes...

Hey,

I put in my 1st deposit, but I am still waiting to hear from one school that I interviewed at in November (USUHS). I should hear back in the next week or so. If they don't let me in I will be moving to San Clemente to start at Western in the fall. Either school I go to I will be stoked. I really like Western, but financially I'll be better off at USUHS.

Jake

Is anyone going to do the summer anatomy course or the other 4 week course? Are there any HPSP people in the class?

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to say that I sent my check today to. Granted, the school is a strip mall; there is a gay bar on campus; the buildings next door are painted neon for Cat in the Hat, but it does seem like a really good school. Maybe I'll see you fools in the fall!

Prakash

By the way, I interviewed Jan 23. If anyone else was there, let me know.

Congrats to all of you for getting into Western! I will be applying there eventually and would really appreciate any feedback you all could give as far as what you think helped your application? I'm concerned about not being a competitive enough applicant because of my grades. Please PM me if you could possibly give me an idea how your grades and MCAT scores were. Thanks!

It looks like I will be joining the rest of you in the fall. I just sent in the 2nd deposit. Who cares if the campus was a strip mall, its 70 degrees in the winter, and coming from albany, NY this is a welcome change. Hope to see you all in September

I'll be joining all of you too at COMP. See you in August! ;)

Hi, i will be a MSII next year at comp. I'm looking for nice, cool, mellow female roommate for next year. The apt complex is roughly 10-15 minutes away from school. it's right next to Montclair Plaza. You will get the master bedroom with ur own bathroom.
Rent should be around $510. Utilities not included. the room will be availabe mid july.

please email at [email protected] if interested.

My doctor interviewed at COMP way back in the early 90's and said there's a gay biker bar complete with drag queens in the middle of campus. Is this true? It would seem kind of odd dodging leather clad bikers on the way to class.

Hi guys,

I finally made my decision to attend Western over UMDNJ, now I need to hear from you guys that I made the right decision..right...jk. Anyways, yes, there is a gay bar located right on the campus, and I heard thats where our white coat ceremony will be.

Hey everyone,

I'm currently waitlisted for COMP's class of 2007 and was wondering if any of you have been accepted off of the waitlist yet... I recall hearing something during the interview day about 2/3rd's of the people getting off of the waitlist -- you guys rememeber anything about that? Just trying to regain some hope before starting the application process again...

Thanks! :hardy:

This is my first post here on the studentdoctor.net. I just wanted to let everyone know I got accepted to COMP about two weeks ago. Sent in my first $1,000 and will be declining offers from EVVCOM and DMU. So if any of you know of anyone else going to either of those schools, tell them a spot will be opening up. I interviewed on April 24, so if there is anyone out there who interviewed on that date, feel free to contact me. Finally, let me give a shout out to my buddy Pat L destined for DMU, and my other friend Dave in New York.

I look forward to seeing you all in the fall.

Hope to hear from some of you soon,

LeemerDO