Any white predents out there??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLebowski

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of white people going into other fields, but I heard there were some applying for dental school too. So where you guys at?

After all, this is really relevant and important right??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
White pre-dents? The ones you're looking for are hanging out at the triple-K club, you can meet them there..

Not funny dude. This thread is something a pre-med would post. C'mon man, you're better than that...

I thought it was funny :lol:

Members don't see this ad :)
White pre-dents? The ones you're looking for are hanging out at the triple-K club, you can meet them there..

Not funny dude. This thread is something a pre-med would post. C'mon man, you're better than that...

Strangely this guy didn't post similar comments in the "Any African-American Pre-dents" or "Any desi/arab Pre-dents" threads. It was a joke man... think about it and relax.

Strangely this guy didn't post similar comments in the "Any African-American Pre-dents" or "Any desi/arab Pre-dents" threads. It was a joke man... think about it and relax.

I am relaxed lol. And I did think about it, strangely this guy didn't. I'm posting so you would think about it. Not that I'm not also annoyed by the other "Any xxx race Pre-dents out there" threads, I am. But there is a reason for their existence, whether we like it or not. Why do minority clubs exist, and not white clubs? Because whites are the majority, every other club is a white club. Think about it and relax.

I also thought it was funny, but more because I knew it would piss some people off, and because of how blatant of a shot he is taking at the other 'Any (insert ethnicity/race here) predents out there?' threads.

I am relaxed lol. And I did think about it, strangely this guy didn't. I'm posting so you would think about it. Not that I'm not also annoyed by the other "Any xxx race Pre-dents out there" threads, I am. But there is a reason for their existence, whether we like it or not. Why do minority clubs exist, and not white clubs? Because whites are the majority, every other club is a white club. Think about it and relax.

Every other club is a white club? lol. Hey, believe whatever you wanna believe. The bottom line is THE THREAD WAS MADE AS A JOKE. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it.

Because whites are the majority, every other club is a white club. Think about it and relax.

Oh yeah smart guy?? Well, well, whites are the minority in the world. So what now?

X race group is equally as (un?)racist as Y and Z. They're all racist by definition. They're all dumb. I don't see why having a group as a minority makes someone not racist but I'm in the Klan.

Either you let every group take pride in their heritage or you let none do it.

By the way it was a joke, but somethingpositive doesn't understand, hence the unneccesary social dialogue.

I know! Wow.. so defensive over a little joke.
By the way, somethingpositive, if you lived in CA, you wouldn't say that Every other club is a white club. Actually, "white" have become a minority in CA, maybe that's why I found the joke funny in the first place, since other races were looking for "their owns". I personally do not consider myself "white" . What the hell is "Caucasian"?? I'm a proud patriot and citizen of the US, however I am from a different place, but who cares?

Oh yeah smart guy?? Well, well, whites are the minority in the world. So what now?

X race group is equally as (un?)racist as Y and Z. They're all racist by definition. They're all dumb. I don't see why having a group as a minority makes someone not racist but I'm in the Klan.

Either you let every group take pride in their heritage or you let none do it.

By the way it was a joke, but somethingpositive doesn't understand, hence the unneccesary social dialogue.
:clap::woot: Go Mr. L
i love the double standard we have in this country...

Smart guy? I never claimed to be smarter than anyone here, we're all smart, hence us being pre-dents.

Whites are the minority in the world, true. So I see no problem in a white-pride organization in an African or Asian or Middle-Eastern country. Whites are the majority in America which is what I was referring to, sorry if that wasn't clear...

Either you let one group take pride in their heritage or you let none do it.

Not that anyone has the right or authority to let people do it, but I see what you mean, and agree to a degree. All people should take pride in their heritage and their ethnic roots.

If you are Irish-American, take pride in your Irish-American heritage. If you are Jewish-American, take pride in your Jewish-American heritage. If you are British-Canadian, take pride in your British-Canadian heritage.

But what is "white heritage"? The definition of "white" changes based on society. Less than 100 years ago, Italians, Polish Jews, and the Irish were not considered "white" in America, they were considered non-white un-American foreigners. In America "white" is a socially constructed term referring to the majority, that changes based on the values of the time. People in America can go ahead and be "proud to be white" if that helps them sleep at night, but what "heritage" are they really taking pride in?

I don't see why being a minority makes you not racist but I'm in the Klan.

lol that was a tasteless joke on my part, to complement your own tasteless joke that began the thread.

but somethingpositive doesn't understand, hence the unneccesary social dialogue.

I won't be posting on this thread again, but I hope this thread can turn into a meaningful dialogue on race. I'll be too busy "unbunching my panties" as SDN's very own Ralph Waldo Emerson so eloquently put it ;):laugh:

Perhaps it could have been funny if this joke hadn't been done on SDN dozens of times already.

Perhaps it could have been funny if this joke hadn't been done on SDN dozens of times already.

It's also funny when people start the same 'hey all my peeps from x race' threads every other day, too.

But since you weren't amused, how about you tell me a joke? Entertain us.

What the hell is 'black' heritage then?

Anyway, it's been fun, have a nice night.

Ok fine. I'll post even though I wasn't planning to, just to answer your question, but this is the last time lol.

African-American or "Black" heritage stems from a common African ancestry and a shared history of slavery and oppression. "Black" culture shares traditions that stem from their African heritage, as well as other traditions distict from both African and mainstream-American culture. That's what the hell it is lol. And you could make a statement about the relevance of Irish-American culture and heritage, for example, but could you make a meaningful statement about the significance and relevance of 'White' heritage in America?

And I'll conclude with a joke to lighten the mood:

"A White, an African-American, and a Desi/Arab predent walk into a bar..."

someone call Russell Peters to finish that joke :D

careful... you might be classmates/colleagues some day

"A White, an African-American, and a Desi/Arab predent walk into a bar..."

someone call Russell Peters to finish that joke :D

Good, glad to see you finally coming around to the tone of the original post.

but could you make a meaningful statement about the significance and relevance of 'White' heritage in America?

Who ever said anything about America or African Americans? You. I just said 'black' and 'white'. I still hold that 'black heritage' is as amorphous and nondescript as 'white heritage'.

And racial threads are, still, all equally dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.