any word for RSCI anybody?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navincal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
seems like one person on this forum got an acceptance from RSCI. but i was wondering if anybody else has heard anything from RSCI or atlantic bridge regarding the FEB 10th interview in SAN FRANCISCO? i haven't heard anything yet.

Members don't see this ad.

They said beginning of March. What about other Irish schools?

I also havent' heard anything from RCSI yet. My fear is that they give phone calls to those accepted and send out letters for those rejected. Does anyone know whether this is true or not. I also interviewed in San Francisco. If anyone has any information please indicate

Members don't see this ad :)
UCD has already sended out their acceptances. i asked Peter during the interview and that was two and half weeks ago. but trinity and cork still need to send info out.

So, if you have received nothing from UCD, that means you are not going to get in or do they sent their acceptance letters in batches over some period of time?

I was informed that UCD finalizes their first round of offers late March to early April. So during this period, you can be accepted, denied, or put on a waiting list.

I'm kinda worried about the whole RCSI thing. If they send out a telephone call that could be difficult. Did anyone else interview on February 10th in San Francisco? I thought the interview was pretty tough

i interviewed on Feb 10th in San Francisco. The two doctors who interviewed me seemed to be pretty laid back. However, they seemed kind of troubled when i said I was applying to other schools as well. They said we will find out early March, so i think it is still ok

Its funny you mention that FUture Med. they seemed a little disturbed that i was not applying to other schools

Ratan1982,
I do not understand why they would be concerned with you applying only to RCSI. After all, this means that you are not using them as a back up, and will surely accept their offer.
In what sense was your interview tough? What kind of questions did they ask?

Yeah i totally agree with you FutureMed. but they asked a lot of questions about my decision to apply with only one school, since med school is such a competitive thing to get into

They also asked me questions about my family history, siblings, what i could bring to RCSI, why i think RCSI is such a good school, and also stuff about my work background

None of the questions were really difficult. its just that one of the interviewers seemed really cold. nothing i said seemed to impress him. maybe he was just being objective

What questions did you get?

hi guys... i just thought that i would drop you all a line to say that i am at RCSI right now. I am canadian and I just finished my exams for the end of 3rd med. I have been here for 4 years and LOVE it. If, once you get in, you have any questions please feel free to email us at the student union... [email protected]

good luck and see you soon!

i have heard that rcsi has sent out rejection letters to people who applied but were not interviewed this round. i am wondering how you would know if you have been placed on a wait list? or otherwise?

They asked me the same questions, and one of the guys was also pretty cold. I think that is their strategy, and he was also writing things down so he could not really respond all that much. I would not take this as a sign of a bad interview. Good luck this week.

After I read that "RICO" received a call from RSCI people or atlanttic bridge (i am not sure which one!) about him getting accepted. I got little anxious , so i emailed atlantic bridge and asked them about the situation. they said Trinity and u of DUBLIN have finalized everything and have sent their acceptances to all the people they wanted to. and RSCI has also. in the same email i got my acceptance from RSCI too. so all of you who may be anxious about the decision should either email atlantic bridge program directly or wait for acceptance letter in fedex this week sometime for sure (according to them).

so good luck everybody.
navincal

Congrats, navincal. When I applied, what most people seemed to be doing was calling AB directly. This probably annoys the hell out of them, but they can tell you over the phone what your status is. I think I received the formal acceptance a couple weeks after the phone call.

i too gave the folks at ab a call yesterday and found out that my acceptance to rcsi is in the mail. congrats everyone and good luck to those still waiting to hear.

Congratulations to all who have been accepted thus far! You must be so excited. :) Just a quick question: did you have all your paperwork in for the Nov/Dec. deadline or the later one in Feb.?

i submitted my application for the november deadline, but i think RCSI does another round of interviews for the second deadline applications. good luck!

Hi, Does anyone know what happens for those students who are applying now to RCSI for the 5 yr program but don't have MCAT scores till April? I know they wait to get your MCAT score before they formally accept/reject you, but are you at a serious disadvantage??? Thanks!

well it looks like i'm the only one here who got a flat out rejection from RCSI after the interview. this looks like the end