• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

jpj52byu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2004
Status (Visible)
i haven't heard about anyone being accepted to louisville since dec 1st. has anyone been accepted since then or does anyone know when they are sending out their next round of acceptances? (out of staters particularily)

Safado

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I'd like to know as well. So far I haven't heard of anyone getting accepted since Dec 1 either...

SpikeyMike83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2005
GA
Status (Visible)
i think they still had/have a week or two of interviews. (i think someone said that anyway)

I was waitlisted on the 1st, so I'd like to find something out as well

About the Ads

marcrasmussen

10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I had a long a frank discussion with Robin Benningfield today about prospects for this cycle. Louisville has completed its interviews and has a secondary list made up of those who have interviewed. She was clear to state that those who had not interviewed will not be considered for this cycle unless there are extreme circumstances (not likely). Any way it was a solid blow considering I still havn't had an acceptance and have only had two interviews but it is the sad, hard cold fact. Best of luck with other applications.

Bocci Balls

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
NJ
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
From what I have been told, the adcom will be meeting in the begining of this month and will decide on who to extend offers of admission to. I hope I get something soon!

flaffy

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
my classmate got off the louisville waiting list. she got an admission letter end of last week.

Safado

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I haven't gotten anything. Nothing in the mail, nor did I get an email... how frustrating!

T

toothfairy85

No, I did not interview.

The email said...

The University of Louisville School of Dentistry appreciates your interest. Our admissions cycle is now complete and all positions have been filled...

We ask that you hold all inquiries about strengthening your application until after April 6, 2007...Best wishes in your pursuit to become a dentist.

bigwilliel

10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
No, I did not interview.

The email said...

The University of Louisville School of Dentistry appreciates your interest. Our admissions cycle is now complete and all positions have been filled...

We ask that you hold all inquiries about strengthening your application until after April 6, 2007...Best wishes in your pursuit to become a dentist.

yeah i dind't interview there either and all i got was this e-mail today...lame :cool:

Safado

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Has anyone who interviewed after Dec 1st heard anything?

florida28

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
st. augustine, florida
Status (Visible)
i interviewed jan. 20th and still haven't heard anything. my aadsas still says i'm waitlisted. i hope so bad that i get a seat, if i don't...it's time to reapply i guess. :(

SpikeyMike83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2005
GA
Status (Visible)
i interviewed september/october and was waitlisted dec 2nd or 3rd. I didn't get the e-mail saying the class was full, but I also didn't get any letter saying I was off the waitlist.

Last year I didn't interview and I remember a similar e-mail saying the class was full.

Safado

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I interviewed Dec. 1 and a week later got a letter, if I remember right, that was postmarked Dec. 1 saying I was on the waitlist. I have not received anything, but when I called Monday I was told that some invites were sent out by mail, and that by mid March they should have the class fairly filled up.

SpikeyMike83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2005
GA
Status (Visible)
I haven't heard anything one way or the other yet either. I'm trying to be hopeful, but as it looks like my acceptance to dental school this fall depends on two waitlists, its hard.

Bocci Balls

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
NJ
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I called and was told that they would be meeting in the begining of April (once all the double dippers are forced to choose a school) to offer admission.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.