Any word from Stanford yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhopeful08

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

has anyone heard back from stanford post-secondary yet? i'm trying to schedule my interviews in CA...and would love to make just one trip. Thanks in advance!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

nada on my end. my sec was complete around late august. haven't heard a peep since. haven't seen any stanford interviews on teh interview thread...although that thread seems to suffer from chronic cuts and chops for the sake of keeping the entire list as one post! :)

like you, loomis, i was also complete in late august....but haven't heard a word from them. more waiting...;)

Members don't see this ad :)
No word from Stanford here either.

It would be nice if that guy from Stanford EVER returned my voice mails or my emails or if he actually ever picked up the phone.

No word here. I was complete 9/22.

I was thinking about starting this thread earlier today... I was complete in late August and haven't heard anything since then either.

stanford wont call you back. just like how davis doesnt and how other cali schools dont.

i just got my stanford rejection post secondary.

Even my 2ndry was complete in Stanford in August...and nopes, no word from them yet..

ditto here. Complete in August and still waiting. I believe the site says it takes 6-8 weeks to review the file. That would put me at early-mid Oct. I did a search for last year's Stanford chat. Seems they started interviews in mid Oct and took a long time to respond to people.

They only seem to be efficient with the rejections. So no news is good news I guess!:laugh:

Theresa

How did the Stanford post secondary rejection come? email or snail mail? Could you see you were rejected from the information on your status page online? Thanks for the info!

No news for me post-secondary, except that the status page says I'm complete. The Stanford dean came to my school and I asked when invites would be sent out. He said any time between now and February...so we may have a while to wait if we don't get rejected right away!

hi jlee,

when did you hear from stanford post-secondary? email or snail mail? i'm getting ready for my rejection....

Members don't see this ad :)
bump.........

i'm calling UCSF to schedule my interview today...will then call stanford to see if i could possibly coordinate the interview if i am lucky enough to get one (i'm coming from the east coast). i'll let everyone know what I hear later today re: interview movement. good luck everyone!

Originally posted by Steinway
bump.........

just called....wow..got an interview! going over in mid november. the lady i spoke to said they are just getting letters ready. It seemed like they were sending snail mail letters. i was completed in late august. She was a bit testy though (pissed at first that i called)....told me that something like 100 peope have been calling her with the same situation as mine (coordinating interviews). i i guess i don't blame her with all those calls! good luck to everyone!!
loomis

My friend was already rejected from Stanford post-secondary although I have not heard anything...

congrats, loomis!! :clap: when did you schedule your interview?

well, nothing to do, i guess but wait for a letter this week or next.

Originally posted by DoctorKevin
My friend was already rejected from Stanford post-secondary although I have not heard anything...

When was he complete?

loomis,

congratulations!! are they just getting ready to send their first patch of interview invites?

good luck with your interview!!

I'm not sure when she was complete, but we were probably all complete around the same time right? I was complete about 8/15 so its probably similar.

Hey everybody,

I just called Stanford and they said they are just really bogged down with paperwork this year so many people won't hear back for quite some time. The guy said they are implementing a new method of reviewing so they are a bit slow to get on the ball.

Mine, for instance, was still in review, in some pile somewhere and perhaps they would look at it eventually.... but the guy said to me on the phone, "Hey, no news is good news!" yeahhhh... kind of.

hi gb
gonna be there 11/13 (thurs i think). good luck to everyone andlet me know if anybody else needs info.
Originally posted by Grumpy Bear
congrats, loomis!! :clap: when did you schedule your interview?

well, nothing to do, i guess but wait for a letter this week or next.

Just wanted to let you all know, Emily's right on. There's a new electronic method for adcoms to review applications and there are a few kinks in the system. I'm a first year, and Stanford is way behind. We've only had our second person interview today (and these might even be early decision folk). They'll start interviewing every day sometime in November.

So no news is good news. Good luck guys.

g-doc,

what is the new electronic system?

Emily,

If you are still in review when did you send off your secondary?

Thanks for the info about the application process.