Any word from Stanford?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oompa loompa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All I have to go on is this:

Stanford - notified by e-mail, letter sent - Rebs (C:8/16, I:9/19)

Rebs, WHAT'S YOUR SECRET?

Members don't see this ad.

oompa loompa said:
All I have to go on is this:

Stanford - notified by e-mail, letter sent - Rebs (C:8/16, I:9/19)

Rebs, WHAT'S YOUR SECRET?
I know, that's bizarre, Stanford even says they don't start inviting for inteviews until mid-Oct, don't they? We need to see rebs' stats/status!

actually, i got the invite too----they sent a bunch of e-mails out which say that they will start scheduling interviews in mid october and that their interview season begins in december.

and i hear stanford likes applicants who are very specific in their goals and what they want to do, and also those into academic medicine (i have a very specific career interest involving clinical research and it prob why i got the interview). i hear they also like applicants who have been out of school for a while, which is why their student body tends to be a bit older.

hope this helps! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
LadyBulldog is right. I got an e-mail saying that I am invited for an interview and that they will schedule it in October. The earliest interviews will not be until December. I am glad LadyBulldog can back me up on this to prove that I am not full of it.

no prob...anyone know the numbers for how many people get an interview and how many get accepted?

LadyBulldog said:
no prob...anyone know the numbers for how many people get an interview and how many get accepted?

From US News....

Total: 5,336
Interviewed: 485
Accepted: 165
Enrolled: 86

wow--so if you interivew, you have 1/3 chance of getting in? much better than columbia!