Any word on possible DO School coming to Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

You guys think there well be any DO schools built or constructed in Pittsburgh area???? I know in PA there are a couple in Philly.

Members don't see this ad.

You guys think there well be any DO schools built or constructed in Pittsburgh area???? I know in PA there are a couple in Philly.

is this a rumor you heard or are you just hoping?

I have seen nothing suggesting that.

Members don't see this ad :)

There's a LECOM branch in Greensburg about 40 minutes east of Pittsburgh. Doubt they'll put another one so close.

Yup, Seton Hill satellite of LECOM is pretty close to Pittsburgh.

A few years ago, Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh tried to get a DO school going but I guess they couldn't come up with the money needed. Last year, West Penn hospital announced they were going to open a new MD program but I haven't heard anything since that original announcement. There was a lot of speculation that this struggling hospital system would not be able to come up with the money.

Yup, Seton Hill satellite of LECOM is pretty close to Pittsburgh.

A few years ago, Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh tried to get a DO school going but I guess they couldn't come up with the money needed. Last year, West Penn hospital announced they were going to open a new MD program but I haven't heard anything since that original announcement. There was a lot of speculation that this struggling hospital system would not be able to come up with the money.

Feel free to PM whenever there is a New DO school built in the Pitt area.