Anybody actually buy DAT Genius?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MavsFan1990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of posts where people took the free tests on Genius, but I was wondering if anybody actually bought it and took the 5 tests for each section.

I was curious to see how the five test average compared to your guys actual DAT score.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so I took all 5 tests for each science section and here is how it compared (they have there own scaling system. You can miss more and still end up with a 19, but you can only miss a few and end up with a 22, like one or two):
BIO AVerage: 21.2 REAL: 21
Organic Average: 21.8 REAL: 22
Chemistry Average: 20.4 REAL: 20

So my scores where really on point with there scaling system, but it does not mean it was representative of the test. For instance there chemistry section was extremely difficult calculation based questions. Biology section was very detailed and organic was fine for the most part. I would save this til the very end if you have time.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay so I took all 5 tests for each science section and here is how it compared (they have there own scaling system. You can miss more and still end up with a 19, but you can only miss a few and end up with a 22, like one or two):

So my scores where really on point with there scaling system, but it does not mean it was representative of the test. For instance there chemistry section was extremely difficult calculation based questions. Biology section was very detailed and organic was fine for the most part. I would save this til the very end if you have time.
Helpful post thanks

How did they compare to bc?

Members don't see this ad :)
For my Bootcamp scores they were a little bit weird. I took the first two early in my studying, but here are my scores anyways. I took the last two within 5 days of my test.
BIO Average 19.2 REAL 21 ( The last two tests I made a 21)
Chem Average 20.4 REAL 20 (Last two 20)
Organic Average 20.4 REAL 22 (last two 22, 21)

My actual test wasn't that bad. I think I just made silly mistakes.

For my Bootcamp scores they were a little bit weird. I took the first two early in my studying, but here are my scores anyways. I took the last two within 5 days of my test.
BIO Average 19.2 REAL 21 ( The last two tests I made a 21)
Chem Average 20.4 REAL 20 (Last two 20)
Organic Average 20.4 REAL 22 (last two 22, 21)

My actual test wasn't that bad. I think I just made silly mistakes.
So bc and genius are about same difficulty?

So bc and genius are about same difficulty?
They both have different scales. Genius is more difficult, but you can miss more. The best thing you can you do is don't take to much time studying and understand every question your missing in practice tests to fill in the gaps.

I bought genius and ended up averaging 1-2 points higher on genius than bootcamp, but I've heard bootcamp scores are lower than the actual exam. genius does have its own scaling system, acoording to the FAQ. I'd recommend getting genius, the pat and bio in particular are really awesome and I've learned a lot- and its pretty cheap for five full tests with solutions.