Anybody applying to ETSU, UT-Memphis, or Meharry?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jst, Nov 14, 2002.

1. jst

jst Junior Member

Have any of you had interviews/acceptances at any of these schools? For those that have interviewed, what did you like/not like about the school, interviewers, faculty, students?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to all in this process!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JBlue

JBlue Member

Attending Physician
    I interviewed at Meharry in Oct. and was accepted this past week. I only applied to Vandy and Meharry because I didn't want to leave Nashville for family reasons. So, I was glad to be accepted. If you are interested in primary care and working in underserved areas then Meharry might be a good fit for you. They have an alliance with Vanderbilt now so that their students can use Vandy's facilities and can take clinical electives there. I am not sure what else the alliance entails. My impression of Meharry is that you can get a good education there and that they will work very hard with you to help you pass boards/classes etc. A big downside is that it is private and thus expensive. I think the avg. person comes out with around $170,000 in debt. They have very few scholarships available.

4. DaDa

DaDa Junior Member

jst,
    I am applying to ETSU and UT-Memphis. I have interviewed at ETSU and was put on an active hold status. With regards to UT, I submitted my secondary 2 months ago and still am waiting. When the Dean of Admissions came here to Knoxville, he told us that everyone who got a secondary would be interviewed, but I have heard that they are having some scheduling problems. Good luck in this h***ish process.
    DaDa

5. anxiousmed

anxiousmed Senior Member

hey blue, just out of curiosity, what are your stats? I interviewed there last year and was put into the acceptable range list....but never got in....did you get an acceptable range letter first or were you accepted right away?

6. JBlue

JBlue Member

Attending Physician
    I was accepted out right. I received notice about 3 weeks after my interview. My stats are 3.45 gpa (3.43 sci) and 30L (11V,10P,9B). Since I didn't want to leave Nashville and my stats are not competitive for Vanderbilt I pretty much geared my whole application towards Meharry. I volunteered at their hospital for a year, stressed my interest in primary care and working with the underserved and visited the campus and talked with students. I also told everyone during my interview that Meharry was my first choice and if I was accepted that I would be attending. I think being instate helped me as well. Let me know if you need any more information. Are you applying there this year?

7. Bethann21

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    C

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk