Anybody applying to ETSU, UT-Memphis, or Meharry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jst

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you had interviews/acceptances at any of these schools? For those that have interviewed, what did you like/not like about the school, interviewers, faculty, students?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to all in this process!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at Meharry in Oct. and was accepted this past week. I only applied to Vandy and Meharry because I didn't want to leave Nashville for family reasons. So, I was glad to be accepted. If you are interested in primary care and working in underserved areas then Meharry might be a good fit for you. They have an alliance with Vanderbilt now so that their students can use Vandy's facilities and can take clinical electives there. I am not sure what else the alliance entails. My impression of Meharry is that you can get a good education there and that they will work very hard with you to help you pass boards/classes etc. A big downside is that it is private and thus expensive. I think the avg. person comes out with around $170,000 in debt. They have very few scholarships available.

jst,
I am applying to ETSU and UT-Memphis. I have interviewed at ETSU and was put on an active hold status. With regards to UT, I submitted my secondary 2 months ago and still am waiting. When the Dean of Admissions came here to Knoxville, he told us that everyone who got a secondary would be interviewed, but I have heard that they are having some scheduling problems. Good luck in this h***ish process.
DaDa

Members don't see this ad :)
hey blue, just out of curiosity, what are your stats? I interviewed there last year and was put into the acceptable range list....but never got in....did you get an acceptable range letter first or were you accepted right away?

I was accepted out right. I received notice about 3 weeks after my interview. My stats are 3.45 gpa (3.43 sci) and 30L (11V,10P,9B). Since I didn't want to leave Nashville and my stats are not competitive for Vanderbilt I pretty much geared my whole application towards Meharry. I volunteered at their hospital for a year, stressed my interest in primary care and working with the underserved and visited the campus and talked with students. I also told everyone during my interview that Meharry was my first choice and if I was accepted that I would be attending. I think being instate helped me as well. Let me know if you need any more information. Are you applying there this year?

C

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk