Piznut99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2004
Status
I seriously cannot wait to move down to Florida and get started with dental school. I have an older cousin who will be in his third year of dental school when i get there.

Are you excited? What do you plan to do about housing?

tam0026

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
jacksonville, Fl
Status
bioshawn said:
I do, and looking for my classmates.
Yep Yep! I'll be attending! I am also THRILLED to be moving further south (already a Fla resident). I'm SOOO excited to meet new people and change up the scenery a bit! :) Two of the people I interviewed with also got accepted.

OP
B

bioshawn

bioshawn
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
Dentist
Good to hear you ALL.
I plan to rent a apartment.
checked the prices and it's kindda expensive though.
I'm so excited to go down there and meet you guys.

tam0026

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
jacksonville, Fl
Status
bioshawn said:
Good to hear you ALL.
I plan to rent a apartment.
checked the prices and it's kindda expensive though.
I'm so excited to go down there and meet you guys.
Ditto! Being out of college for two years, I'm SOOO excited to soon be around ppl my age and finally doing what I want to be doing! And being a few miles north of South beach doesnt hurt either ;) S. Fla, here we come! :p

tam0026

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
jacksonville, Fl
Status
Piznut99 said:
Are you excited? What do you plan to do about housing?
Heck Yeah! I met a girl during my interview and we exchanged phone numbers b/c she had a condo in the area she was looking to rent out (if she got accepted). We both got accepted, so we'll be rooming together this fall :D

A

asalazar

tam0026 said:
Yep Yep! I'll be attending! I am also THRILLED to be moving further south (already a Fla resident). I'm SOOO excited to meet new people and change up the scenery a bit! :) Two of the people I interviewed with also got accepted.

Are the interviews one on one with the admissions ppl or are u in there with other applicants?

tam0026

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
jacksonville, Fl
Status
asalazar said:
Are the interviews one on one with the admissions ppl or are u in there with other applicants?
You and 3adcom members. It was real laid back. Nothing to worry about.

frogger33

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
I too will be joining you guys at NOVA :D

Housing is expensive in south florida, but to put it in perspective we still pay a LOT LESS than people in NYC and Boston. For me, I will probably live 20-30min away from Campus b/c my family has a condo down by the beach that I might just move into.

I am soo excited to meet everyone. We should all try and meet up before classes start!!!

tam0026

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
jacksonville, Fl
Status
frogger33 said:
I too will be joining you guys at NOVA :D

Housing is expensive in south florida, but to put it in perspective we still pay a LOT LESS than people in NYC and Boston. For me, I will probably live 20-30min away from Campus b/c my family has a condo down by the beach that I might just move into.

I am soo excited to meet everyone. We should all try and meet up before classes start!!!

DITTO! :) I'm all about meeting the c/o 2009! i'm so excited i cant stand it! I def. propose we all go out to get to know one another. Perhaps at orientation we can better get to know everyone :p Wait..when is orientation again? Aug2nd?

AnnaF

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
Status
hi guys.

quick question, does nova have a gym? is it close by?

just wondering. cant wait to start:).

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2001
Longitude 80.0W Latitude 40.44N
Status
Non-Student
AnnaF said:
hi guys.

quick question, does nova have a gym? is it close by?

just wondering. cant wait to start:).
NSU's new rec center is under construction. If you decide to attend here, then you'll definitely see the new rec center during your 4 years here. It is projected to be completed in 2006 some time.

Here's more info:

http://www.nova.edu/facilities/construction/UniversityCenter/
http://www.nova.edu/ucenter/

It will be state-of-the-art! I'm just hoping that I get to see it before I graduate!

DenFlorida

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
Status
tam0026 said:
DITTO! :) I'm all about meeting the c/o 2009! i'm so excited i cant stand it! I def. propose we all go out to get to know one another. Perhaps at orientation we can better get to know everyone :p Wait..when is orientation again? Aug2nd?
About orientation: One of the NOVA D-1's that will be helping with orientation saying that for this year they want to move the "O" date to early July. Mean while, let agree on meeting date and place.

OP
B

bioshawn

bioshawn
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
Dentist
early July? Are u sure? it is too early!!!
I plan to move there early July.
I might need to change my plan..... :confused:

DenFlorida

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
Status
bioshawn said:
I will check it with proper people (Su Ann, Dr. Lipman, Dr. Keller) and let you know. So far NOVA didn't send anything officially about "O" day. I guess they're waiting for the guys from MBS to finish their last semester and see who will drop out of the list (here at NOVA guys from MBS have a privelege to be accepted to med or dental if they finished with certain GPA). Once they know it for sure, they will make the move. But again, it is only my assumption.

elz787

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Status
Hi you guys, congrats to all who made it, I will be applying this summer, and I was wondering (if you feel comfortable) if you could post your stats, and WHEN you applied. They won't be reviewing my appliction till mid August.........is that too late?? :confused:

JRogoff

Resident Palatal Phallacy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2004
Plantation, FL
Visit site
Status
Dentist
DenFlorida said:
I will check it with proper people (Su Ann, Dr. Lipman, Dr. Keller) and let you know. So far NOVA didn't send anything officially about "O" day. I guess they're waiting for the guys from MBS to finish their last semester and see who will drop out of the list (here at NOVA guys from MBS have a privelege to be accepted to med or dental if they finished with certain GPA). Once they know it for sure, they will make the move. But again, it is only my assumption.
I am pretty sure all the MBS guys are passing, so that shouldn't be an issue there. Anyways, about orientation, last year orientation was the Thursday before school started and went through sunday with school starting on that monday. That means that if they do it the same as they did it last year, orientation would be July 28-31, with school starting August 1st. Hope this helps.

DenFlorida

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
Status
bioshawn said:
Hey bioshawn, you can move down here according to your plan - no worries. The orientaton dates will be sent out in a few days to all students. From what I saw at Dr. Lipman's office, the "o" days is scheduled for the first week of August, from Tue. to Sunday. The first few days they gonna brainwash everyone with MediaDent computer software that keeps crashig on us for the last few years, then they gonna give us a few boxes with bunch of things we will not use till the second or third year and at Sunday is acctualy the "white coat ceremony" and then the very first Monday our horrors will start. So, your plans for the early july are fine.

AnnaF

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
Status
hi future classmates.
more questions. did you get the letter to sign up for an email address and get on the D1 listserv? i did and i only joined a few days ago (been real busy w/ finals and graduating). now i am worried i missed an important email bc i havent heard back yet.
thanks for the help.

ping

10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2005
Status
AnnaF said:
hi future classmates.
more questions. did you get the letter to sign up for an email address and get on the D1 listserv? i did and i only joined a few days ago (been real busy w/ finals and graduating). now i am worried i missed an important email bc i havent heard back yet.
thanks for the help.
Hi Anna,
I too signed up late. I emailed NSU Dental and to date, they have not sent any emails out.

QUDMD

10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
Status
Man, I should have done this a year ago. I've been ADDICTED to this forum ever since I first found it last September. Anywayz, I will be attending Nova in the fall. I'm currently rotting in Queens until July 15th. I found a cheap deal for $400 a month located 1.3 miles from campus. Nice place, friendly management. Just a few quick questions. Any word on any financial aid from Nova yet? I found a cheap website called allheart.com to order scrubs but was wondering about how close the color match has to be. And lastly, I know there is an unofficial student website for nsu-com (can't recall it currently) but does anyone know if there's one for the dental school? Thanks guys and congratulations on your acceptances.