1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Anybody did not hear from Pittsburgh?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by huk1985, Dec 4, 2008.

1. huk1985

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I had one of the earliest interviews, but I still haven't heard from them yet. I see ppl from Cali and Utah accepted. Does anybody who had early interview not hear from Pittsburgh at all?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. trukini

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

called them. reiterate your interest...

4. DuffMan01

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I also had an early interview there and still havent heard back from them...nothing, nada! I am from cali by the way, so I am really really hoping its taking a really long time to get anything! :D

Hey trukini, what did they tell you when you called? I was going to call next week if I didnt hear anything from them.

5. huk1985

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yes, I really want to call too.. I don't get what's happened.. Maybe they are holding off on few of the applicants? I don't really get it, I had the my personal best interview at Pitt out of all my interviews.. Anywayz, if you guys find anything out let me know

6. arvin14

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I haven't heard anything from Pitt either

I've tried calling Rose Mangold over the past 2 days, but it goes directly to voicemail every time. Does anyone know what the deal is???? I really want to hear from them

7. Jessi4eve

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I haven't heard anything from them, because I didn't apply.

8. DuffMan01

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Hahah Jessi your a cutie!

I think we all just got to be patient. I received something from Detroit Mercy today and it was sent early last week :eek:. So just wait hopefully good news will come soon :thumbup:

9. huk1985

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I called them all day today, and goes straight to voice mail single time. I've emailed Rose yesterday, but got no answer..

10. 206127

Dental Student
    For me it was a toss up between Marquette and Pittsburgh, since I heard from Marquette first that's where I'm going. I tried calling Rose several times because I thought I interviewed the best there. Same thing happened to me though... no answer, straight to the voicemail... I'm over it...

11. huk1985

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    For me, it's a toss up btwn expensive schools (Penn and NYU) vs. Pitt. So I would really like option of having acceptance to Pitt.. I don't get why they didn't send some of us anything at all..

12. 206127

Dental Student
    I say UPenn, I've heard too many bad things about NYU and have yet to hear anything bad about UPenn... pay the deposit and insure you have a spot for 09. If you get into Pitt, just forget about that deposit.

13. somethinpositiv

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    :rolleyes:

14. 206127

Dental Student
    ok I'll give MY reasons... (notice I emphasized MY reaons)

1. I have worked with many dentists and all told me not to go to NYU because the dentists that have come to try out at their offices are never good. (I have worked with 3 dentists who are NYU alum).
    **this is my main reason not b/c of what I've read on sdn... although what I've read here doesn't help either....
    2. Expensive Tuition (which you say UPenn also has so...)
    3. Expensive cost of living (Cost of living in Pennsylvania is much cheaper)
    4. NY is crowded and dirty... (not my kinda town but then again I don't know exactly where UPenn is, but Pittsburgh was really clean and that was in Pennsylvania...)

15. DuffMan01

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Dang if it was up to me, there would no choice between pitt and UPenn...I would go for UPenn...but I got one of those sorry to inform you letters :p

I dont care though...I would have actually said NYU over anything but if you look into more into their programs, UPenn is the better choice...juss my 2 cents!

And damn, I am guessing there is no point of me calling then next week? Well thanks for those that tried calling, hopefully good news will come soon:xf::luck:

16. somethinpositiv

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I got a letter from Pittsburgh on Nov 29th. If you haven't heard by now, you might not hear until after January 15th, that's my guess. Pitt is pretty stingy with their acceptances (at least at first). Out of 150 people interviewed Pre-Dec 1st, I can't imagine them giving out more than 50-70 acceptances. Rose said that she will fill half the class with Dec 1st acceptances, and half later. I withdrew my acceptance, so that's one more acceptance letter that is being mailed to someone ;)

17. huk1985

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yea, it is a dilemma. What I like about NYU is that it's in a great city, great patient pool and great facility. UPenn has prestige and I did not really like what I saw at the interview. If I had gotten all three acceptances by now, I would be leaning toward Pitt, but they are not liking me, so what can I do.. Thanks for the useful info somethinpositiv

18. paul510psu

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You could:
    1. Place a deposit at Penn and ensure yourself a spot, and if you get accepted to Pitt later just forget about that deposit. Although that would be throwing quite a bit of money away.

OR

2. Wait it out for the next few weeks or so until you hear back from Pitt and make your decision then.

Your decision, but if it were me, I would be completely sure that Pitt didn't accept me before I placed a deposit at Penn.

Hope this helps, oh and congratulations on the acceptances, you should pat yourself on the back.

19. 206127

Dental Student
    Well yeah that's what I meant when I said for him to put the deposit in... If he doesn't by Jan 15th he'll loose his spot...

20. Dentchica

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    im deciding between expensive penn and slightly less expensive pitt. i hope you'll get your acceptance to pitt soon. i'm sure if you show interest, they'll let you know.
    i know some instate tuitions are a pretty good deal (maryland being one of them). i don't know if Pitt is really that great of a deal though. the difference between penn and pitt is around 15K a year (maybe?) Is this a big enough reason not to go to penn?

i would also recommend waiting a few weeks on pitt and then putting that deposit down at penn (i think its one of the cheaper deposits, so at least you wont be out 2 grand)