For me it was a toss up between Marquette and Pittsburgh, since I heard from Marquette first that's where I'm going. I tried calling Rose several times because I thought I interviewed the best there. Same thing happened to me though... no answer, straight to the voicemail... I'm over it...I called them all day today, and goes straight to voice mail single time. I've emailed Rose yesterday, but got no answer..
I say UPenn, I've heard too many bad things about NYU and have yet to hear anything bad about UPenn... pay the deposit and insure you have a spot for 09. If you get into Pitt, just forget about that deposit.For me, it's a toss up btwn expensive schools (Penn and NYU) vs. Pitt. So I would really like option of having acceptance to Pitt.. I don't get why they didn't send some of us anything at all..
ok I'll give MY reasons... (notice I emphasized MY reaons)
I got a letter from Pittsburgh on Nov 29th. If you haven't heard by now, you might not hear until after January 15th, that's my guess. Pitt is pretty stingy with their acceptances (at least at first). Out of 150 people interviewed Pre-Dec 1st, I can't imagine them giving out more than 50-70 acceptances. Rose said that she will fill half the class with Dec 1st acceptances, and half later. I withdrew my acceptance, so that's one more acceptance letter that is being mailed to someoneI had one of the earliest interviews, but I still haven't heard from them yet. I see ppl from Cali and Utah accepted. Does anybody who had early interview not hear from Pittsburgh at all?
You could:Yea, it is a dilemma. What I like about NYU is that it's in a great city, great patient pool and great facility. UPenn has prestige and I did not really like what I saw at the interview. If I had gotten all three acceptances by now, I would be leaning toward Pitt, but they are not liking me, so what can I do.. Thanks for the useful info somethinpositiv
Well yeah that's what I meant when I said for him to put the deposit in... If he doesn't by Jan 15th he'll loose his spot...You could:
1. Place a deposit at Penn and ensure yourself a spot, and if you get accepted to Pitt later just forget about that deposit. Although that would be throwing quite a bit of money away.
2. Wait it out for the next few weeks or so until you hear back from Pitt and make your decision then.
Your decision, but if it were me, I would be completely sure that Pitt didn't accept me before I placed a deposit at Penn.
Hope this helps, oh and congratulations on the acceptances, you should pat yourself on the back.
im deciding between expensive penn and slightly less expensive pitt. i hope you'll get your acceptance to pitt soon. i'm sure if you show interest, they'll let you know.For me, it's a toss up btwn expensive schools (Penn and NYU) vs. Pitt. So I would really like option of having acceptance to Pitt.. I don't get why they didn't send some of us anything at all..