Anybody did not hear from Pittsburgh?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huk1985

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had one of the earliest interviews, but I still haven't heard from them yet. I see ppl from Cali and Utah accepted. Does anybody who had early interview not hear from Pittsburgh at all?

Members don't see this ad.

I had one of the earliest interviews, but I still haven't heard from them yet. I see ppl from Cali and Utah accepted. Does anybody who had early interview not hear from Pittsburgh at all?

called them. reiterate your interest...

I also had an early interview there and still havent heard back from them...nothing, nada! I am from cali by the way, so I am really really hoping its taking a really long time to get anything! :D

Hey trukini, what did they tell you when you called? I was going to call next week if I didnt hear anything from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I really want to call too.. I don't get what's happened.. Maybe they are holding off on few of the applicants? I don't really get it, I had the my personal best interview at Pitt out of all my interviews.. Anywayz, if you guys find anything out let me know

I haven't heard anything from Pitt either

I've tried calling Rose Mangold over the past 2 days, but it goes directly to voicemail every time. Does anyone know what the deal is???? I really want to hear from them

I haven't heard anything from them, because I didn't apply.

I haven't heard anything from them, because I didn't apply.

Hahah Jessi your a cutie!

I think we all just got to be patient. I received something from Detroit Mercy today and it was sent early last week :eek:. So just wait hopefully good news will come soon :thumbup:

I called them all day today, and goes straight to voice mail single time. I've emailed Rose yesterday, but got no answer..

I called them all day today, and goes straight to voice mail single time. I've emailed Rose yesterday, but got no answer..

For me it was a toss up between Marquette and Pittsburgh, since I heard from Marquette first that's where I'm going. I tried calling Rose several times because I thought I interviewed the best there. Same thing happened to me though... no answer, straight to the voicemail... I'm over it...

For me, it's a toss up btwn expensive schools (Penn and NYU) vs. Pitt. So I would really like option of having acceptance to Pitt.. I don't get why they didn't send some of us anything at all..

For me, it's a toss up btwn expensive schools (Penn and NYU) vs. Pitt. So I would really like option of having acceptance to Pitt.. I don't get why they didn't send some of us anything at all..

I say UPenn, I've heard too many bad things about NYU and have yet to hear anything bad about UPenn... pay the deposit and insure you have a spot for 09. If you get into Pitt, just forget about that deposit.

ok I'll give MY reasons... (notice I emphasized MY reaons)

1. I have worked with many dentists and all told me not to go to NYU because the dentists that have come to try out at their offices are never good. (I have worked with 3 dentists who are NYU alum).
**this is my main reason not b/c of what I've read on sdn... although what I've read here doesn't help either....
2. Expensive Tuition (which you say UPenn also has so...)
3. Expensive cost of living (Cost of living in Pennsylvania is much cheaper)
4. NY is crowded and dirty... (not my kinda town but then again I don't know exactly where UPenn is, but Pittsburgh was really clean and that was in Pennsylvania...)

Dang if it was up to me, there would no choice between pitt and UPenn...I would go for UPenn...but I got one of those sorry to inform you letters :p

I dont care though...I would have actually said NYU over anything but if you look into more into their programs, UPenn is the better choice...juss my 2 cents!

And damn, I am guessing there is no point of me calling then next week? Well thanks for those that tried calling, hopefully good news will come soon:xf::luck:

I got a letter from Pittsburgh on Nov 29th. If you haven't heard by now, you might not hear until after January 15th, that's my guess. Pitt is pretty stingy with their acceptances (at least at first). Out of 150 people interviewed Pre-Dec 1st, I can't imagine them giving out more than 50-70 acceptances. Rose said that she will fill half the class with Dec 1st acceptances, and half later. I withdrew my acceptance, so that's one more acceptance letter that is being mailed to someone ;)

Yea, it is a dilemma. What I like about NYU is that it's in a great city, great patient pool and great facility. UPenn has prestige and I did not really like what I saw at the interview. If I had gotten all three acceptances by now, I would be leaning toward Pitt, but they are not liking me, so what can I do.. Thanks for the useful info somethinpositiv

Yea, it is a dilemma. What I like about NYU is that it's in a great city, great patient pool and great facility. UPenn has prestige and I did not really like what I saw at the interview. If I had gotten all three acceptances by now, I would be leaning toward Pitt, but they are not liking me, so what can I do.. Thanks for the useful info somethinpositiv

You could:
1. Place a deposit at Penn and ensure yourself a spot, and if you get accepted to Pitt later just forget about that deposit. Although that would be throwing quite a bit of money away.

OR

2. Wait it out for the next few weeks or so until you hear back from Pitt and make your decision then.

Your decision, but if it were me, I would be completely sure that Pitt didn't accept me before I placed a deposit at Penn.

Hope this helps, oh and congratulations on the acceptances, you should pat yourself on the back.

You could:
1. Place a deposit at Penn and ensure yourself a spot, and if you get accepted to Pitt later just forget about that deposit. Although that would be throwing quite a bit of money away.

OR

2. Wait it out for the next few weeks or so until you hear back from Pitt and make your decision then.

Your decision, but if it were me, I would be completely sure that Pitt didn't accept me before I placed a deposit at Penn.

Hope this helps, oh and congratulations on the acceptances, you should pat yourself on the back.

Well yeah that's what I meant when I said for him to put the deposit in... If he doesn't by Jan 15th he'll loose his spot...

im deciding between expensive penn and slightly less expensive pitt. i hope you'll get your acceptance to pitt soon. i'm sure if you show interest, they'll let you know.
i know some instate tuitions are a pretty good deal (maryland being one of them). i don't know if Pitt is really that great of a deal though. the difference between penn and pitt is around 15K a year (maybe?) Is this a big enough reason not to go to penn?

i would also recommend waiting a few weeks on pitt and then putting that deposit down at penn (i think its one of the cheaper deposits, so at least you wont be out 2 grand)