anybody do bad in anatomy class yet rocked the shelf exam for it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shivasHeroLike

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...cause i'm looking for advice on how to do well on the anatomy shelf exam.

our school will let us pass anatomy if we do well on the shelf exam (even if we had a failing grade).

i'm looking to get some advice on how to approach this exam and what to focus on the most

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing is impossible, only will limits it! :)

Try to understand anaomy. Use mnemonics. Watch cadavers so that yoy know what you are looking at. If they let you look it's very good for understanding.
If you want to learn pathways of arteries and lymph vessels and nerves, mnemonics are great, but ou can also make a scheme of the pathway of a certain nerve/blood vessel ect. on a piece of paper and try to learn it by memorizing the picture.
For us the names and spelling is important, so here it´s important to associate and to know the names by understanding. If you take the lower limb, femoral artery lies on the leg where femur lies.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
...cause i'm looking for advice on how to do well on the anatomy shelf exam.

our school will let us pass anatomy if we do well on the shelf exam (even if we had a failing grade).

i'm looking to get some advice on how to approach this exam and what to focus on the most

http://www.nbme.org/programs-services/medical-schools/subject-examinations/comprehensive-exams.html

Tells you the standard breakdown of each individual shelf, although last year they went more heavy on the genitourinary stuff than the outline lets on.

Thanks...I didn't know shelf exams existed untill i read this thread...

Thanks for the link.

So if you ace any of these tests can you put it on your residency application?

marry Frank Netter

You mean his corpse, Frank Netter is dead since 1991.

Machado and his colleagues have taken his place as artists (Machado rocks as well, but Netter was the pioneer).

You mean his corpse, Frank Netter is dead since 1991.

Machado and his colleagues have taken his place as artists (Machado rocks as well, but Netter was the pioneer).
I don't discriminate - people are into different things. Whatever floats your boat, dude.

ha, true.

* grabs a shovel ..

how do they pose the questions on the shelf ? is it mainly relational stuff or "what happens if this is messed up" type questions ?

i just want to focus understanding the dynamics of their questions so i can pass this exam and ultimately the CLASS!

I did BRS anatomy for a week and got 56th percentile on the shelf. This was the anatomy without embryology option though.

I tackled a chapter a day from BRS. This is all after I had failed my school anatomy test and had to redeem myself through the shelf exam, so I'm not a model student.