Anybody else experience this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiverDoc

KCUMB 2012
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive been studying since January, enrolled in a Kaplan course. My full lengths from kaplan were in the mid to high 20's and the first couple of AAMC exams I took were fairly good as well. Now, my scores are dropping, especially VR and BS. From AAMC 8 - 9. My VR went down 2 points. :eek: My PS is the only thing consistent at a 10. Anybody else do okay on the real deal despite scores going down during crunch time? I pray for VR passages that suit well for me. My BS scores are ALL over the place. Dont know what to think. HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

Ive been studying since January, enrolled in a Kaplan course. My full lengths from kaplan were in the mid to high 20's and the first couple of AAMC exams I took were fairly good as well. Now, my scores are dropping, especially VR and BS. From AAMC 8 - 9. My VR went down 2 points. :eek: My PS is the only thing consistent at a 10. Anybody else do okay on the real deal despite scores going down during crunch time? I pray for VR passages that suit well for me. My BS scores are ALL over the place. Dont know what to think. HELP!

since your drop includes verbal, it is probably a deficit in mental sharpness vs memory of material.

if you drink, you might want to stop. personally, I find myself less sharp when I've had more than 6.5 of sleep, but I'm sure this varies from person to person and I'd only experiment if your exam is at least a few weeks away. finally, I would read the newspaper (I recommend the wsj) every morning - not as practice for verbal, but because this activity requires some serious concentration, but is also casual/relaxing, thus it might help you keep your mind centered.

since your drop includes verbal, it is probably a deficit in mental sharpness vs memory of material.

if you drink, you might want to stop. personally, I find myself less sharp when I've had more than 6.5 of sleep, but I'm sure this varies from person to person and I'd only experiment if your exam is at least a few weeks away. finally, I would read the newspaper (I recommend the wsj) every morning - not as practice for verbal, but because this activity requires some serious concentration, but is also casual/relaxing, thus it might help you keep your mind centered.

I havent drank in a long time. I personally feel that a few drinks might help me relax a little bit. All I do is study for school and MCAT. Maybe a few drinks would actually benefit me and allow me to gain some balance and see life outside of my desk. :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
I havent drank in a long time. I personally feel that a few drinks might help me relax a little bit. All I do is study for school and MCAT. Maybe a few drinks would actually benefit me and allow me to gain some balance and see life outside of my desk. :oops:

Haha. I drink while I read my MCAT books.:D

In fact, I think you could benefit from a day or two MCAT hiatus in which time you certainly could enjoy a few drinks mixed with some of this :hardy: and a little of this :horns: (but hopefully not any of this :barf:).