Anybody else waitlisted at Harvard (or has been in the past)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piccolo2385

Fake News Junkie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was actually AMAZED that I didn't (at least immediately :smuggrin: ) get a flat-out rejection letter from Harvard. Having said that though, I still know that my chances of getting into the school are SLIM (if not nil) because of the small class size and the fact that interviews will still be going on for a while.

However, because I've always been able to rely on the kind and helpful advice from my fellow SDNers over the years, I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the chances of being accepted to Harvard from the wait list.

I guess I shouldn't complain because UPenn already showed me the money (I WISH I were in MSZ's shoes at this point), and I might end up turning both schools down anyway if I get into either UConn's or UCSF's combined DDS/PhD programs (yes, I'm ONE of those NERDS :smuggrin: with no life whatsoever).

At least I know I'm in SF though, so I guess I'll just have to wait...

Members don't see this ad.

piccolo2385 said:
I was actually AMAZED that I didn't (at least immediately :smuggrin: ) get a flat-out rejection letter from Harvard. Having said that though, I still know that my chances of getting into the school are SLIM (if not nil) because of the small class size and the fact that interviews will still be going on for a while.

did they send you a letter saying that you are on the waitlist?

Yes, I got a letter this past Friday informing me that I could request to be put on the waiting list if I wanted to. I haven't yet sent in the requisite forms but will be doing so shortly.

Members don't see this ad :)
piccolo2385 said:
Yes, I got a letter this past Friday informing me that I could request to be put on the waiting list if I wanted to. I haven't yet sent in the requisite forms but will be doing so shortly.

When did you interview, if you don't mind me asking?

No sweat: October 6. Since I interviewed pretty early, I figure that's probably why I already received the letter.

I'm assuming you haven't heard back from Harvard yet? When did you interview, if you don't mind MY asking?

piccolo2385 said:
No sweat: October 6. Since I interviewed pretty early, I figure that's probably why I already received the letter.

I'm assuming you haven't heard back from Harvard yet? When did you interview, if you don't mind MY asking?

how does waitlist work. Can other people who interview later than you be accepted at this point or will they fall behind you on the waitlist?

thx

Hello fellow Bruin!

Hmm... I'm actually not sure myself, and that would DEFINITELY be a question I'd very much like to get an answer to... Any takers?

SMC2UCLA2_ said:
how does waitlist work. Can other people who interview later than you be accepted at this point or will they fall behind you on the waitlist?

thx

Well I'm pretty sure of the people still to be interviewed, they will still send out some more acceptances and also place some more on waitlist. The people placed on that waitlist would be behind piccolo. As advice, even though chances are slim to be accepted off the waitlist, you probably still should overnight those forms to at least be at the top of that list. It would be interesting, however, to see what percentage of students waitlisted were later offered a spot. Good luck. :thumbup:

boree said:
Well I'm pretty sure of the people still to be interviewed, they will still send out some more acceptances and also place some more on waitlist. The people placed on that waitlist would be behind piccolo. As advice, even though chances are slim to be accepted off the waitlist, you probably still should overnight those forms to at least be at the top of that list. It would be interesting, however, to see what percentage of students waitlisted were later offered a spot. Good luck. :thumbup:

I disagree. They told us they don't rank the waitlist..beit by academic criteria or timing of application. They just have a bunch of people on the list who get reviewed periodically.