Fuarky

7+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Where you set your mind on something to achieve but realize that you may not have what it takes or are struggling to achieve and forced to move on to something else? I feel this is very common in life in general.

Monoloco357

2+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Take a step back from the situation, reevaluate, then give it another, move valiant, effort. Expect nothing to be handed to you. You are your determining factor to success in your endeavors. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, whether directly or indirectly.

Dec 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Where you set your mind on something to achieve but realize that you may not have what it takes or are struggling to achieve and forced to move on to something else? I feel this is very common in life in general.
Everybody. If they say they don't, they are lying to you.

Reactions: KShah1
Mar 8, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Do you know what a ceiling function is?

We all have a range of things that may be possible for us to achieve, and it's up to you to be realistic about that range. For example, if you are a realistic applicant for medical school, then good, medical school is within your range. If you don't believe you really are capable of hitting the upper reaches of that range, then you: 1. improperly defined your range (this should be an objective determination), or 2. are mentally operating below your optimal range maximum. If you set yourself a reasonable range (see 1), then you are only doing a disservice to yourself by not believing yourself capable of reaching that upper bound. Honestly, it can affect your performance not to believe you are capable of achieving what you set out to achieve. A self-fulfilling prophecy if you will.

So do yourself a favor and Math.ceil(yourself)

Last edited:
OP
F

Fuarky

7+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Take a step back from the situation, reevaluate, then give it another, move valiant, effort. Expect nothing to be handed to you. You are your determining factor to success in your endeavors. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, whether directly or indirectly.
True but everyone has a different learning capacity, brain cells, and etc.

NimbleNavigator

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Mar 15, 2016
That's why I set high goals. I know that if I fail at least I'll still be in a good place.

Plan A was MD school. Plan B was DO school. Plan C was dentistry. Plan D was... Ok to be honest I never had a plan D lol. CRNA maybe?

Kpw101

5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
That's why I set high goals. I know that if I fail at least I'll still be in a good place.

Plan A was MD school. Plan B was DO school. Plan C was dentistry. Plan D was... Ok to be honest I never had a plan D lol. CRNA maybe?
Regardless of which plan you end up in, you will be very well off in life. My plan D isn't looking too bad: They just raised min wage in my area to 15/hour.

Reactions: frosted2
Jul 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Regardless of which plan you end up in, you will be very well off in life. My plan D isn't looking too bad: They just raised min wage in my area to 15/hour.
Yeah, sometimes I feel like if medical school doesn't work out, I can be an RN or PA and easily make 6 figures (my area anyway). But do not plan to fail!

Last edited: