Anybody ever heard of GRADUATE Hospital in Philly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Krafty

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I matched there for prelim medicine, and I don't think I have ever seen a program more secretive. I had a problem just calling the program coordinator...and that's AFTER I got an email saying that I matched with them!

Please post if you know anything about the program. It seemed like a cool place, especially with their advertised 5 months of q10 call, but FREIDA says nothing, they don't have a medical education office website, and the whole place is shrouded in mystery. Anyway godspeed.

Members don't see this ad.

Its a secret place in the basement of a county hospital. The actual GRADUATE hospital is actually just three rooms. In room one is THE patient (there's only one for all three years of your residency), in room two is the program director's office, and room three is the resident's (singular, not plural) call room. Good luck, be sure to ask for a key to the door, because they lock it on day one and don't unlock it for three years.

Yes, It is owned by Tenet Healthcare is it not? Used to be part of PENN. It is in downtown Philly. That is all I know.

Yes, graduate is part of the tenet healthsystem and some Drexel Med students rotate through there- i hear its quite cush. I'd go to the MD students board and ask current Drexel students about it. The hospital itself is located near South Street.

Actually, the hospital is ON South St. at 18th Street. Its part of Tenet and Drexel residents (and med students) rotate there. I don't know jack about the prelim year, but I live in that area of the city and love it (just south of Rittenhouse). Good luck!

No I did NOT BLINDMATCH. I was there, but the residents were not the most social bunch, so whereas other places I could have basically tell their attitudes/esprit de corps, here I don't know whether I was buyin' what they were sellin'.

I heard they used to screw people over like 2 years ago, but the 80 hour reform put them on the map of desirable preliminary internships.

Just to add, I interviewed with a person from Penn, Jeff and Temple, and they knew close to nothing about the program (except the location). At lunch we looked at each other and thought...wtf why does NOBODY know anything about this place.

Regardless, I don't think medical students are a good source of information about the working conditions of interns. Our school rotates through Hackensack Hosp (Joisy, outside of NYC), and things look super cush from the outside - probably the nicest hospital I've ever been in - they EVEN HAVE A SPA...but wait till you do surgery there...KILLER!

Thanx for all your suggestions and comments. Congrats to everyone on the match.

PCOM students also rotate through Graduates surgery dept.

Very nice hospital downtown. Owned by Tenet as people have said before. Not as highly looked upon as some of the Penn and Jefferson hospitals, but Graduate holds its own.

Caters to some of the "better off" populous in downtown Philly.

Easy walking distance to some nice apartments. Close to great shopping, food and tourism...not that you will have much time for that I suppose.