pastafan

Interventional Pain Physician
Nov 11, 2012
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Intranasal stadol for RFA patient who had been detoxed from opioids. Works fine, high incidence of nightmares and some get headaches. IV stadol is excellent due to sedation and analgesia w/ minimal respiratory depression.

Mar 7, 2011
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Stadol is useful as a reversal agent when using large doses of opioids. It used to be marginally useful as a narcotic in a patient who has trouble swallowing pills, but was supplanted by opioid patches.

About the Ads

Ducttape

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
Oct 7, 2011
Status
  1. Attending Physician
unlike the other partial agonist-antagonist buprenorphine, still carries risk of abuse, dependency. a lot more psychological concerns because of k-opioid receptor activity.

only really good use is probably IV, in the OB suite...

Nov 28, 2011
New Jersey
Status
  1. Attending Physician
I had to call the police once on a patient hooked on intranasal stadol for headache ( prescribed elsewhere). She sent her husband to wait for me in the parking lot to try to convince me to renew it for her. Not the first HA patient I met who was hooked on Stadol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads