Anybody familiar with the bell-ringer interviews-testing critical reasoning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MDJatt here

If anybody is familiar with the bell-ringer interviews please let me know immediately.

Members don't see this ad.

what is a bell-ringer interview?

It's like speed dating, but interviews- I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have a series of very quick, directed interviews, one after the next (the idea is a bell rings after like 10 min and you move on to the next interviewer). Because interviewing isn't stressful enough...

Members don't see this ad :)
oh... interview speed dating. :eek:

I know of some residency programs that do this. But no med schools that I'm aware of.

unfrozencaveman said:
It's like <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=speed%20dating&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: speed dating'; self.ql_skeyphrase='speed%20dating'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='speed%20dating'; window.status='Search for: speed dating';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">speed dating</a>, but interviews- I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have a series of very quick, directed interviews, one after the next (the idea is a bell rings after like 10 min and you move on to the next interviewer). Because interviewing isn't stressful enough...
Hey, you are quite correct. A bell rings after every 10 minutes and you go on to the next interviewer, but each interview is quite stressful they say.
This is being practiced only in one medical school that is at McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada for which I wish to apply.

SeattlePostBach said:
oh... interview <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=speed%20dating&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: speed dating'; self.ql_skeyphrase='speed%20dating'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='speed%20dating'; window.status='Search for: speed dating';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">speed dating</a>. :eek:

I know of some residency programs that do this. But no med schools that I'm aware of.
It is done at the McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada for entrance into M.D. and its really tough.

It's being done at McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada

i'm just saying this since it was done twice already and i think it's funny

(and yes i noticed that they were answering at the same time, but that doesn't make it less funny to me)