Anybody get anything from UCSF in Feb?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sigma

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has received wait list / reject info from UCSF yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Sigma said:
Just wondering if anyone has received wait list / reject info from UCSF yet.

yah. I got my rejection letter post-sec; pretty distraught. Ive been working here for 2 yrs and now walking in the hallways has a diff effect since i know i wont tread these paths much longer :(

Haybrant said:
yah. I got my rejection letter post-sec; pretty distraught. Ive been working here for 2 yrs and now walking in the hallways has a diff effect since i know i wont tread these paths much longer :(

Sorry to hear about that, HB... I got the big REJECTED notification from UCLA today which has me distraught, too. At least I assume that's what the "final decision sent" means since I haven't interviewed there, yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
so I guess tomorrow is the 15 of the month again :eek: :scared: :smuggrin:

Supernova said:
so I guess tomorrow is the 15 of the month again :eek: :scared: :smuggrin:

Maybe they mailed out goodies for Valentine's Day. That's what I would do if I were a medical school adcom. :laugh:

Does anyone know how UCSF lets you know if you've been accepted or not? Do you only hear back via snail mail, or do they send out an e-mail, call, status page etc.?

I got my rejection letter last week :)

flyingyeti said:
Does anyone know how UCSF lets you know if you've been accepted or not? Do you only hear back via snail mail, or do they send out an e-mail, call, status page etc.?

It is only by snail mail, as far as I know.

i saw someone posted an acceptance on the acceptance thread. any other news?

Hey guys, my friend who interviewed Dec. 16 called the admissions office today to see if they had reviewed her file and they told her she probably won't here back until March. So I don't know when you guys interviewed but I guess it's taking longer for them to review files. Good luck!! I hope you get good news soon!

seems awefully quiet :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
received an acceptance packet today in the mail... still in awe! :p good luck to all who are waiting :)

arisunomori said:
received an acceptance packet today in the mail... still in awe! :p good luck to all who are waiting :)

congratulations on your acceptance. for those waiting impatiently, could you tell us when you interviewed?

btowngirl said:
congratulations on your acceptance. for those waiting impatiently, could you tell us when you interviewed?
:( i interviewed nov 16 and still haven't heard...eeks..has anyone else interviewed in nov and not heard yet?

lilxsmilez said:
:( i interviewed nov 16 and still haven't heard...eeks..has anyone else interviewed in nov and not heard yet?

yeah. me.

I interviewed in early Nov. and haven't heard.

lilxsmilez said:
I interviewed Nov. 18th...no word yet.

arisunomori said:

Hi Arisunomori, congratulation on your acceptance,

when did you interview? thanx

my parents received my acceptance in CA yesterday. interviewed early january. a big surprise! best of luck to everyone.

Supernova said:
Hi Arisunomori, congratulation on your acceptance,

when did you interview? thanx

Interviewed 3rd week of January. Sent a letter of intent, some course evaluations, and an updated set of grades soon after I left UCSF. This might have speeded up the process.

Sending good luck to all! :luck: The waiting is agony, but hang in there!

arisunomori said:
Interviewed 3rd week of January. Sent a letter of intent, some course evaluations, and an updated set of grades soon after I left UCSF. This might have speeded up the process.

I personally think UCSF is the best medical school, you are very lucky (I am sure you deserve it also)

conglats , wish I could join you

arisunomori said:

thanx, congratulation :thumbup:

I interviewed on 1/11 and received a snail mail acceptance on 2/18 (dated 2/15). But good luck to those who haven't heard yet--I remember that the staff mentioned that it might take up to 8 weeks after the interview, so there's still hope!

Are letters of intent really common, and do they have a really big effect. Some of these turnaround times seem very quick.

abababa said:
Are letters of intent really common, and do they have a really big effect. Some of these turnaround times seem very quick.

i intervied beginning of december, sent in a letter of intent and have not heard anything.

btowngirl said:
i intervied beginning of december, sent in a letter of intent and have not heard anything.

Same here, but I interviewed at the beginning of November.

I think it's safe to assume that if you haven't gotten anything as of today, we'll probably have to wait for the March round, which means another chance at rejection. Damn, I don't want to wait anymore!

For All those that got acceptances to UCSF in February already, are you guys MD/PHd by any chance, or MSTP, or any other dual program.

Man...I'm really going to be calling home today... :scared: is the mail there yet...huh..huh...huh... :laugh:

UCLA Bear said:
For All those that got acceptances to UCSF in February already, are you guys MD/PHd by any chance, or MSTP, or any other dual program.

Man...I'm really going to be calling home today... :scared: is the mail there yet...huh..huh...huh... :laugh:

I was accepted for the MD program but have not heard from the the Joint Masters Program yet.

Does anybody know whether or not accepting positions at UC schools hurts your chances of getting into other UC's? For instance, if I had gotten into UCSD and accepted a position there, would that hurt my chances of getting into UCSF? I know med schools are not allowed to look at what other schools accepted their applicants until April 15th, but is it different for schools within the UC system?

flyingyeti said:
Does anybody know whether or not accepting positions at UC schools hurts your chances of getting into other UC's? For instance, if I had gotten into UCSD and accepted a position there, would that hurt my chances of getting into UCSF? I know med schools are not allowed to look at what other schools accepted their applicants until April 15th, but is it different for schools within the UC system?

No I don't think so...I think my friend said yes to UCSD and UCI and then she got into SF and LA!

Just heard back from UCSF today, Got placed on the high priority (wait list), guess I should be glad that I wasn't rejected, but still its going to be hard to wait these next couple months. The letter was dated Feb. 23rd. and I interviewed Nov. 17th. Good luck to everyone, my waiting shall be extended until May 15th +.

hehe...i wonder if i can cure cancer in a month...i bet that would get me accepted :laugh:

Rejected post-interview today. :(

UCLAstudent said:
Rejected post-interview today. :(

That's okay, UCLAstudent! You get to go to UCLA :) and enjoy much better weather!

Thanks, NorCalGirl. My letter actually rejects me from matriculating in "2004," haha. Looks like someone forgot to change last year's rejection letter. ;)

I just got rejected post secondary today :(