Anybody go to their class reunion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

organdonor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how many medical students go to their 5 year class reunion. I just got back from mine and had a blast! I am from a very small town and go to medical school in a city with about 1000x the population (literally). It is good to see so many pickup trucks again! It is interesting to see how successful certain people turned out to be and always good to remember where you came from. I knew I wanted to be a doctor in high school so most people already figured I was in med school. I was disappointed that many of my closest friends didn't go but a good time was had.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't go. I do regret it a little bit though. I keep in touch with few people from back then but it is not the same as getting together as a group.

Either my class didn't have one, or the girl responsible to arranging it did a piss poor job getting new contact information. I don't know if I'll be able to go to my 10 year... I'll be in the middle of intern year or just starting second year of residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
Either my class didn't have one, or the girl responsible to arranging it did a piss poor job getting new contact information. I don't know if I'll be able to go to my 10 year... I'll be in the middle of intern year or just starting second year of residency.

Same here, although I doubt I would go to mine. I've lost contact with nearly everyone in high school. I imagine the reunion would turn into a oneupmanship game pretty quickly anyway.

I am wondering how many medical students go to their 5 year class reunion. I just got back from mine and had a blast! I am from a very small town and go to medical school in a city with about 1000x the population (literally). It is good to see so many pickup trucks again! It is interesting to see how successful certain people turned out to be and always good to remember where you came from. I knew I wanted to be a doctor in high school so most people already figured I was in med school. I was disappointed that many of my closest friends didn't go but a good time was had.

I didn't go to my 5 year hs reunion. don't remember why. 10 yr is next year and I may be able to go depending on where I am for intern year.

I have my 5 year college reunion later this year and definitely looking forward to going to that

I got accepted to med school on my 5 year reunion and chose to celebrate my mom's birthday instead of going. 10 years is the spring after next, and I doubt I'll be going, even if I'm in the KC area. I don't have a whole lot of desire to hang out with those people and force small talk for a couple hours.

I haven't attended most of the gatherings and events hosted by my school. My 5 year high school gathering is happening next year and I'm not planning on attending that either. My 10 year class reunion will probably coincide with my residency.

I'm usually not available when these reunions take place since I study out of town. When I return I prefer spending time with my family than force conversations with highschool classmates who I never got along with anyways.

Same, never got an invite and never saw anything about it.

Only one of my class officers tried to get anything done, so we didn't have a 5-year. I hear the prospects of a 10-year are better. I'd like to go, just to meet up with all the people I've lost touch with over the years.

But let's be honest, the advent of FB has made keeping tabs on people something you can do everyday instead of every 5 years. I know what a lot of people are doing just from the status updates I see.

But let's be honest, the advent of FB has made keeping tabs on people something you can do everyday instead of every 5 years. I know what a lot of people are doing just from the status updates I see.

this. My 10 year is next year (end of M3), but I graduated from hs a year early and barely knew 90% of the class I graduated with, it would make more sense to go to the reunion of the class I was with for 10 years instead of just a couple of AP classes and a graduation ceremony. But either way I wouldn't go. My family moved out of Cleveland right after hs, and the people who wanted to keep track of me have friended me on FB over the years. I never fit in, and I don't really care what anyone else is doing outside a small circle of friends I've kept in touch with anyway.

I didn't go to my 5 year HS reunion because it's completely useless. I'm sure plenty of people change but (a) I don't feel like forcing my presence on a bunch of people I didn't get along with save for a few and (b) in the digital age, it's pretty much easy to stalk/keep tabs on people as it were.

I might go to my 10 year one. You know, when I'm working and making money.

Didn't go to the 5yr and I probably won't go to any. I'm not particularly interested in how most of them are doing, and the handful of people where I am interested are the ones I'm still in touch with.

As above, I only got along with very few people in high school. Going to a reunion would be unnecessary, although it would be cool to see where people ended up, but I already know from their Facebook's, so whatever.

As above, I only got along with very few people in high school. Going to a reunion would be unnecessary, although it would be cool to see where people ended up, but I already know from their Facebook's, so whatever.

I checked FB recently and really shocked to see how much some of my classmates changed while others (usually the Asians) didn't change AT ALL. One guy that I thought was pretty cute is definitely um... different now (hygiene went out the window apparently along with taking care of health). I think it was more a -wow i could have ended up with this person and so glad I didn't kind of thing.

Some people ended up pretty successful, (Harvard, Stanford, MIT, law school, etc), while others not so much. And my high school ended up following that stereotype of the more nerd-y types doing really well now and the 'it' crowd not so much. Not all of them but a good chunk.