1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Anybody got eras email regarding UM

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by qw1913, Feb 17, 2007.

1. qw1913

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi,

Anybody got PD email via eras regarding UM internal Medicine Residency program?

Cheers:luck:

2. Joe Joe on da Radio

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  3. Geri_Gal

Geri_Gal Loving Life
    2+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Yes. I'm not sure how this will affect the IM residency program. I don't remember meeting the chair of medicine on my interview day.

4. lfcdoc

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I met the chair on interview day but obviously there was no mention of his intention to leave.
    Does anyone plan to change their UM raning b/c of this? I know UM was pretty malignant in the past and I would hate for the new chair not to support the recent changes the program has made.

5. turkleton

turkleton Capeless Crusader
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm still going to rank it high. The new chairman sounds like a qualified guy. Overall I don't really think it impacts residency training all that much. The issue of Umich being malignant has been rehashed 8000 times with the general consensus being that's a 5 year old rumor. It's a tough program, but the impression I got was that its the exact opposite of malignant.